Zinger IATA 82 Approved Airline Travel Kit
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
Each kit includes air travel rails, carrying handles, “Live Animal” labels, water and food bowls, ID Tag plus lock and deadbolt covers for extra security. When this kit is added to any Zinger crate it immediately conforms to the IATA 82 Safety Standard.
What is the IATA 82 Standard? IATA stands for “International Air Transport Association”. This organization has compiled a checklist of crate requirements that are referred to as the IATA 82 standard.
Most airlines require animals to be shipped in a crate that is “IATA 82” approved. This essentially means the crate must adhere to a certain level of strength and safety before it can be used to ship an animal by air. All ZINGER™ crates exceed the requirements of the IATA 82 standard when our optional " Airline Travel Kit” is attached. Our aluminum crates will not bust or be broken by rough handling or shifting cargo loads thereby safe guarding your dog on route. When you ship your dog in a Zinger crate he is protected.
Important: Depending on the dog breed an airline may demand special requirements in addition to the IATA 82 standard so make sure to check with your airline. One of the most important considerations to remember when selecting your crate is its SIZE. Your crate must be large enough to ensure that the dog can stand up and have sufficient space to turn around. It must be able to do so without difficulty. Airlines have the right to refuse to fly your dog if the crate is deemed to be too small so be prepared and know your obligations before you arrive at the airport.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Zinger Winger (ZW) ships UPS Ground from Ontario, Canada
- Zinger crates ship out from the warehouse in 1-2 business days for in stock items if order received before 12 PM ET.
- Additional transit time can be calculated from the UPS shipping map below.
- All out of stock items will be shipped out as soon as they are back in stock. Please note any additional delays in the product description.
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost is already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Back to the top