PlexiDor Performance Electronic Automatic Wall Mounted Cat & Dog Door
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Company?
PlexiDor Electronic Motorized Wall Mounted Dog Door (Walls from 4" to 12" thick)Whenever security and pet access control are priorities, the PlexiDor Electronic dog door is the preferred choice of pet owners worldwide. There are many advantages to using an electronic dog door:
- Allow your pets to come and go as they please while keeping out neighborhood pets and/or other animals
- Keeps one pet in (often a cat) while letting others out
- Prevent a child or baby from getting out, while allowing pets to go out
- Prevent the wind from blowing open the door, as all PlexiDor electronic doors are windproof
For extra protection from the elements, the PlexiDor Awning can be purchased separately and added on to prevent rain, sun, snow, and wind from entering through your pet door.
Using state-of-the art RFID technology, the sensor reads the pre-programmed code to automatically open and close only for pets equipped with a programmed collar key. This leading-edge technology is passive, no batteries to fail just when you need them, and an unlimited number of "combinations" for unlocking the pet door, so you can have as many pets as you’d like using the door and never have to worry about the neighbors’ pets coming in your door. In additiona, the RFID chip will not interfere with any existing invisible fencing or alarm system. The collar key weighs only 0.4 ounces, easily snaps onto any pet collar, and is waterproof, shockproof, and rugged.
Each wall unit includes an aluminum tunnel that connects the interior and exterior frame. The door has a composite panel that slides up and down like a miniature garage door, and is made of ABS - and extremely durable material. When inactive, the panel acts as a security door. The door can be adjusted to control how long the panel stays open, from 1 to 15 seconds. The PlexiDor electronic plugs into a standard household power outlet with a 15' power cord (included) or can be hardwired. It is easy to program and even easier to use.
The PlexiDor Electronic Pet Door comes only in a Large size and can accommodate dogs up to 125 lbs and cats of all sizes. Each unit includes 2 RFID Collar Keys.
|Door Size||Max Weight||Flap Dimensions (W x H)||Outside Rough Cut Hole* (W x H)||Overall (W x H)|
|Large||Dogs up to 125 lbs||12.75" x 20"||14.25" x 23"||17.125" x 54.625"|
*Note: The Inside Rough Cut Hole will be a slightly smaller dimension than the outside.
- Dogs up to 125 lbs and all Cats
- The wall version includes anodized aluminum tunnel to "frame out" the wall with stainless steel hardware.
- Uses modern RFID chips that is light, shockproof and waterproof and doesn't require batteries. They don't interfere with underground/invisible fencing
- A stainless steel interior locking bar ensures security when the unit is not in use
- Motorized dog door seals very well, preventing all air gaps, maximizing energy efficiency
- Low profile design (1 5/8" thick) is more attractive than other bulkier units
- Safety feature prevents the panel from closing when there is any obstruction
- Includes an aluminum tunnel that connects the interior and exterior frame
- Never purchase replacement flaps again
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- 5-Year residential warranty
PlexiDor 5 Year Warranty
PlexiDor Performance Pet Door is designed with the highest quality material. All PlexiDor pet doors are covered by a 5 year limited residential warranty. Any defective part will be repaired or replaced without expense to the customer (including standard shipping service) for 5 years from date of purchase. (Labor is not covered).
- Manufacturer - Plexidor
- Your Maximum Pet Size - Medium Dogs, Large Dogs, X-Large Dogs
- Controls Access - From Inside and Outside
- # of Collar Keys Included - 2
- Operates On - AC Power
- Flap Opens - Motorized
- Frame Material - Aluminum
- Flap Material - Acrylic
- Flap Design - Single, Two Part , Rigid, Thin Flap
- Flap Thickness - 1/8”
- Locks in Two Directions - Yes (Better at keeping out raccoons)
- Door Open Type - Motorized and Opens for Key Signal
- Additional Locks - None
- Maximum Number of Pets per Door - 5
- Activated By - RFID
- Can Be Installed In - Walls, Kennel Wall
- Warranty Period - 5 years limited
How To Measure Your Pet & Choose a Pet Door
We recommend the “Cardboard Test” to ensure correct size for your pet. Using the OPENING SIZE measurement in the charts, cut a hole in a piece of cardboard, and see if your pet can pass through easily. Or wedge open a house door the OPENING WIDTH, and block off the OPENING HEIGHT (starting just above your pet’s shoulder) and call your pet through. Pets duck their heads as they push open their doggie door or cat door and step through it, so ideally you should install the dog or cat door with the top of the opening just above your pet’s shoulder. But any position will do as long as your dog or cat can open the door and get through comfortably.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
What are the differences between a vinyl flap door and a PlexiDor Performance Pet Door?
Vinyl flap doors (“mud flaps”) require replacement of the flap when they wear out, sometimes once or twice a year. The flap may turn yellow, dry out or crack and eventually fall apart. Some dogs will chew the flap. Vinyl replacement flaps cost anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on the size and manufacturer. Most flap doors use magnets to attach the flap to the plastic frame. If the flap shrinks from UV sunlight, the magnets may not connect and seal the opening properly, which will increase the cost of heating and cooling your home.
Will a pet door compromise the security of our home?
PlexiDor comes equipped with a lock and 2 keys plus a steel security plate. You can lock the door from the inside whenever you like and attach the steel security plate when leaving your home for extended period. The interior and exterior frame of the PlexiDor is hardened aluminum. This adds strength to the entire design and makes it virtually impossible for an intruder to get past. The small PlexiDor unit for cats and small dogs up to 9 pounds does not come with a security plate since the opening is too small for an intruder to get through.
Is it difficult to train my pet to use a pet door?
No. It is usually a quick and easy process. Most cats and dogs learn to use a pet door in 5 seconds to 5 days. Do not push the pet through the door. Start with propping a panel open and coaxing the pet with a treat.
Can my cat use a dog door?
Yes, most cats will use up to a large PlexiDor. You may need to go up in size to keep the top of the pet door high enough for the dog – shoulder height – and the bottom low enough for the cat (approximately 5”).
Do you have a pet door that will let my dog out and keep the cats in?
The PlexiDor electronic pet door opens only for pets with a key. There is, however, no guarantee that a cat won’t run out together with the dog. Thus, we cannot promise that our pet door will let the dog out and keep the cats in.
Can I paint my PlexiDor?
Yes. Just prime and paint the pet door.
What kind of warranty does PlexiDor come with?
PlexiDor pet doors come with a 5 year warranty.
Will I ever need to replace anything on a PlexiDor pet door?
About every 5 to 8 years the industrial weather seal will need to be replaced. One kit will cover both saloon style panels, and it is easy to install. PlexiDor is manufactured in Bradenton, FL, and if you ever have a problem with the door, it is easy to obtain replacement parts.
Where can I install a PlexiDor pet door?
PlexiDor pet doors can be installed in doors, walls, or a sliding glass patio panel. Wall units can be installed in a wall up to 12 inches thick and come with an aluminum tunnel kit that connects the interior and exterior frame. Chances are if you already own another brand of pet door, the existing cut opening can be used to install a PlexiDor with only minor modification.
Please DO NOT BEGIN THE INSTALLATION PROCESS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR PlexiDor!
PlexiDor Wall Installation
PlexiDor Dog Door Installation - Full Length (~56 Minutes)
PlexiDor (PD) - Ships FedEx Ground from BRADENTON, FL
- Ships 1-2 business days if item is in stock and order is placed by 12pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Add transit time based on map:
Freight Shipping Information
There is often confusion about how freight works and how lift gate deliveries work. Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment. Our standard Free Shipping option for freight delivery includes delivery to a Commercial Address and does NOT include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential or Commercial address. If there is no option for Residential or Commercial delivery, then the cost of this is included in the price.
We also recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all Residential deliveries, and any commercial locations without a loading dock.
- Freight Delivery Location - This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Residential or Commercial address.
- Residential - The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address. Our freight carrier will contact you to make an appointment before delivery is attempted to a residential address. Residential delivery does NOT include a Liftgate. Liftgates are a separate option.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Freight Liftgate - A lift gate is just a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level.
Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option. However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Shipping Made Easy
We work hard to make shipping easy for you. Here's how:
- Multiple warehouse locations nationwide to ensure faster shipping times
- Email confirmations with tracking ID for all of your shipments, with step by step updates on the status of your delivery
- Safe handling and extra fast delivery by parcel or freight via one of our many reputable shipping partners.
Returns Made Easy
For more information, please see our Return Policy.