PlexiDor Performance Door Mounted Cat & Dog Door
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Company?
PlexiDor Door Units are versatile enough to be installed in any type of standard household door! The PlexiDor Dog Door is a high quality, self-framing pet door designed to be installed in hollow or solid core doors (0 to a maximum thickness of 1 3/4”).
PlexiDors have uniquely designed flaps that swing from the sides like saloon doors (the small size swings from one side only). All door units are made from unique, shatter resistant dual-thermo pane acrylic panels which open easily with a gentle push, and automatically close tight without banging. The unique design of the door allows it to swing open so easily that larger and smaller pets can use the same door. Plexidor Doors eliminate the need for costly vinyl replacement flaps!
Each panel is lined around all four edges with snug fitting, high density, industrial nylon pile weather seal to provide superior draft control. When closed, the panels reduce air conditioning and heat loss. So whether you live in the hot desert climate of Arizona or in the frigid cold of Alaska, Plexidor will save you money every month. For extra protection from the elements, the PlexiDor Awning can be purchased separately and added on to prevent rain, sun, snow, and wind from entering through your pet door. Your pet will love the smooth, quiet, and safe doors and you’ll love seeing a lower energy bill.
The PlexiDor Small has a 4-way lock that you turn manually, while all other sizes have a keyed lock for quick use. The medium and larger sizes also have a steel locking cover that fastens to the inside of the pet door with four bolts for a very secure lock.
The PlexiDor Small units are intended for cats and small dogs. It opens from left to right with precision smoothness and the panel swings so easily, even the smallest kitten or puppy can push the door open.
The panels on the PlexiDor Extra Large dog doors are virtually indestructible. Designed to accommodate large dogs up to 220 lbs that like to chew, the dog door panels are manufactured using a solid 3/8 inch thick sheet of shatter resistant acrylic. They are also equipped with a factory installed chew proof aluminum trim around all four edges.
Sizing Information for Plexidor Door Mounted Pet Doors
|Door Size||Max Weight||Flap Dimensions (W x H)||Outside Rough Cut Hole* (W x H)||Overall (W x H)|
|Small||Dogs up to 9 lbs
Cats up to 24 lbs
|6.5" x 7.25"||8.5" x 8.5"||10" x 10"|
|Medium||Dogs up to 40 lbs||9" x 12"||11.5"x 13.5"||13.75" x 15.5"|
|Large||Dogs up to 100 lbs||11.75" x 16"||14.25" x 17.75"||16.5" x 19.25"|
|Extra Large||Dogs up to 220 lbs||16" x 23.75"||18" x 25"||20.5" x 26.75"|
*Note: The Inside Rough Cut Hole will be a slightly smaller dimension than the outside.
- Door units are framed to fit a standard exterior house door
- Includes an aluminum tunnel that connects the interior and exterior frame
- Never purchase replacement flaps again
- Highest energy efficiency
- Door opens and close easily
- Heavy duty hardened aluminum frame
- See through shatter resistant K9 Composite panel
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- 5-Year residential warranty
PlexiDor 5 Year WarrantyPlexiDor Performance Pet Door is designed with the highest quality material. All manually opened PlexiDor pet doors are covered by a 10 year limited residential warranty. Any defective part will be repaired or replaced without expense to the customer (including standard shipping service) for 10 years from date of purchase. (Labor is not covered).
- Manufacturer - Plexidor
- Your Maximum Pet Size - Cats, Large Cats, Small Dogs, Medium Dogs, Large Dogs, X-Large Dogs
- Climate Suitability - Temperate-3 Season
- Wind Resistance - Average
- Sealing Value - High
- Self-Framing - Yes
- Frame Material - Heavy Extruded Aluminum
- Insulation Value - High
- Flap Material - Acrylic
- Flap Design - Single, Two Part , Rigid, Insulated Flap
- Flap Colors - Tinted Clear
- Flap Thickness - 3/8”
- Replacement Flaps Available - Yes
- Ability to Lock Flap - Separate Locking Cover-Loads from Front, Built-In 2-Way Locking
- Locking Cover Material - Steel
- Can Be Installed In - Aluminum Door, Steel Door , Polycarbonate, Plywood or Other Thin Material, Solid Core Door, Hollow Core Door, Metal Door
- Warranty Period - 5 years limited
How To Measure Your Pet & Choose a Pet Door
We recommend the “Cardboard Test” to ensure correct size for your pet. Using the OPENING SIZE measurement in the charts, cut a hole in a piece of cardboard, and see if your pet can pass through easily. Or wedge open a house door the OPENING WIDTH, and block off the OPENING HEIGHT (starting just above your pet’s shoulder) and call your pet through. Pets duck their heads as they push open their doggie door or cat door and step through it, so ideally you should install the dog or cat door with the top of the opening just above your pet’s shoulder. But any position will do as long as your dog or cat can open the door and get through comfortably.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
What are the differences between a vinyl flap door and a PlexiDor Performance Pet Door?
Vinyl flap doors (“mud flaps”) require replacement of the flap when they wear out, sometimes once or twice a year. The flap may turn yellow, dry out or crack and eventually fall apart. Some dogs will chew the flap. Vinyl replacement flaps cost anywhere from $10 to $100 depending on the size and manufacturer. Most flap doors use magnets to attach the flap to the plastic frame. If the flap shrinks from UV sunlight, the magnets may not connect and seal the opening properly, which will increase the cost of heating and cooling your home.
Will a pet door compromise the security of our home?
PlexiDor comes equipped with a lock and 2 keys plus a steel security plate. You can lock the door from the inside whenever you like and attach the steel security plate when leaving your home for extended period. The interior and exterior frame of the PlexiDor is hardened aluminum. This adds strength to the entire design and makes it virtually impossible for an intruder to get past. The small PlexiDor unit for cats and small dogs up to 9 pounds does not come with a security plate since the opening is too small for an intruder to get through.
Is it difficult to train my pet to use a pet door?
No. It is usually a quick and easy process. Most cats and dogs learn to use a pet door in 5 seconds to 5 days. Do not push the pet through the door. Start with propping a panel open and coaxing the pet with a treat.
Can my cat use a dog door?
Yes, most cats will use up to a large PlexiDor. You may need to go up in size to keep the top of the pet door high enough for the dog – shoulder height – and the bottom low enough for the cat (approximately 5”).
Do you have a pet door that will let my dog out and keep the cats in?
The PlexiDor electronic pet door opens only for pets with a key. There is, however, no guarantee that a cat won’t run out together with the dog. Thus, we cannot promise that our pet door will let the dog out and keep the cats in.
Can I paint my PlexiDor?
Yes. Just prime and paint the pet door.
What kind of warranty does PlexiDor come with?
PlexiDor pet doors come with a 5 year warranty.
Will I ever need to replace anything on a PlexiDor pet door?
About every 5 to 8 years the industrial weather seal will need to be replaced. One kit will cover both saloon style panels, and it is easy to install. PlexiDor is manufactured in Bradenton, FL, and if you ever have a problem with the door, it is easy to obtain replacement parts.
Where can I install a PlexiDor pet door?
PlexiDor pet doors can be installed in doors, walls, or a sliding glass patio panel. Wall units can be installed in a wall up to 12 inches thick and come with an aluminum tunnel kit that connects the interior and exterior frame. Chances are if you already own another brand of pet door, the existing cut opening can be used to install a PlexiDor with only minor modification.
Please DO NOT BEGIN THE INSTALLATION PROCESS UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR PlexiDor!
PlexiDor Wall Installation
PlexiDor Dog Door Installation - Full Length (~56 Minutes)
PlexiDor (PD) - Ships FedEx Ground from BRADENTON, FL
- Ships 1-2 business days if item is in stock and order is placed by 12pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Add transit time based on map:
Freight Shipping Information
There is often confusion about how freight works and how lift gate deliveries work. Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment. Our standard Free Shipping option for freight delivery includes delivery to a Commercial Address and does NOT include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential or Commercial address. If there is no option for Residential or Commercial delivery, then the cost of this is included in the price.
We also recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all Residential deliveries, and any commercial locations without a loading dock.
- Freight Delivery Location - This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Residential or Commercial address.
- Residential - The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address. Our freight carrier will contact you to make an appointment before delivery is attempted to a residential address. Residential delivery does NOT include a Liftgate. Liftgates are a separate option.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Freight Liftgate - A lift gate is just a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level.
Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option. However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Shipping Made Easy
We work hard to make shipping easy for you. Here's how:
- Multiple warehouse locations nationwide to ensure faster shipping times
- Email confirmations with tracking ID for all of your shipments, with step by step updates on the status of your delivery
- Safe handling and extra fast delivery by parcel or freight via one of our many reputable shipping partners.
Returns Made Easy
For more information, please see our Return Policy.