Endura Flap™ by Patio Pacific - Kennel Door (Set of 2)
“It’s all about the flap!”
This Kennel Dog Door combines all the features of the award-winning Endura Flap™ with a beefy metal frame. It is identical to the Endura Flap™ single flap version for doors, except that parts not normally needed for a kennel application have been excluded:
- The external trim frame
- Installation hardware
- Weather stripping
- Decorative hole plugs to hide the screw heads
- The locking cover assembly (kennels normally use a separate "guillotine" type locking mechanism).
The easiest way to test flap size for your pet is to cut a hole in a piece of cardboard that is the size of the flap you are interested in, then coax your pet through (use treats if necessary). Place the cardboard in the opening of a door so they have to walk through the hole to get to the reward! See what flap size and step over height (height from floor to bottom of where the flap will be installed) works best for your pet.
Click on the Sizing & Measuring tab for more details on how to measure the right size for your pet.
|Priced in Cases of Two Units Only
|Rough Cut Out
||Outside Frame Dimension
||Stock No./ Model No.
||6" w x 11" h
||7 1/16" w x 14 1/8" h
||9 7/16" w x 16" h
||8" w x 15" h
||9 3/16" w x 18 3/16" h
||11 1/2" w x 20" h
||10" w x 19" h
||11 3/16" w x 22 3/16" h
||13 9/16" w x 24"
||12" w x 23" h
||13 5/16" w x 26 1/4" h
||15 5/8" w x 28" h
Every year, animals are harmed by rigid flaps. The typical situation is that the pet is partway out the pet door, is startled by something and jerks back suddenly. The pinching effect of a rigid flap in that case can be terrifying and cause the pet to pull back even harder.
It was for this reason that the first design requirement of the Endura Flap was that the flap be flexible and safe for any pet and for any child who should happen to crawl through!
Of course there is a trade-off here. Rigid flaps can be more chew-resistant than flexible flaps. If chewing of the flap is expected, it is best to take some preventative measures. One of the best is to mix some Habanera pepper with Vaseline; and smear this mixture on the edge of the flap. Be careful not to allow any of this mixture in the dogs eyes!
Secondly, if a guillotine door is placed on the inside of the run and the dogs are kept inside when that unit is closed, then the dog cannot get to the flap to chew it.
We suggest you read the complete story behind the Endura Flap™ and for engineers or those looking for some more technical information here is a 74-page dog door energy efficiency study showing what makes it so special.
Some Additional Notes:
- The Endura Flap™ Kennel door is intended to be installed in either a solid core wood door or in a wall that has been framed out. If you wish to install the Endura Flap™ kennel door in a hollow core door, you'll need to frame out the hollow core door first. Alternatively, you can use a regular Endura Flap™ pet door for doors which is "self-framing" though more expensive.
- If you wish to install the Endura Flap™ Kennel Door in a wall and don't want to frame the wall yourself, you can purchase the Endura Flap™ dog door for walls in either single or double flap versions.
- It has been our experience that the Endura Flap™ seals so well that the single flap model will meet most needs even in areas that experience four seasons. However, for really extreme weather, the door mount version and the wall mount version are both available in double flap models.
- There is a significant difference between the rough cut out of the Endura Flap™ Kennel version and the regular Endura Flap™ for doors. The regular door mount cut out is larger to allow the bolts to fasten directly to the trim frame. The kennel version is smaller as we intend wood screws (not included) to be used to fasten the frame directly to the door or wall. The kennel door itself should be used as a template or use the rough cutout dimensions given above.
- Kennel installation can vary greatly depending on the material the kennel is built with and may not require the hardware typically used in a residential application. So we exclude the external trim frame, installation hardware, template, weather stripping, decorative hole plugs to hide screw heads and the locking cover assembly. If you are installing this in a home on a people door we suggest going with the regular Endura Flap™ pet door for doors
- To determine the area that will be needed to accommodate the door, measure the dimensions of the extended section on the back of the unit . This section of the door will be fitted into the wall. Use screws (not included) to attach the outside frame.
- The frame ensures a tight seal and secures the door to the wall.
Note: Don’t forget to use a level.
Patio Pacific Inc Endura Flap™ Pet Door 10 Year Comprehensive Warranty
To the original purchaser, Patio Pacific Inc warrants this product and all of its component parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 10 years from the date of delivery to the customer.
Endura Flap™ assemblies employed in commercial kennels are warranted for a period of 3 years.
Damage caused by accident, improper installation, abuse or normal wear, including damage by pets or glass breakage is specifically excluded from this warranty.
Defective materials returned to Patio Pacific Inc, together with proof of purchase, will be repaired or replaced and returned to the customer free of charge.
Pet doors of other manufacturers installed in Patio Pacific products are covered by the warranty of the other manufacturer and not by Patio Pacific Inc.
- Manufacturer - Patio Pacific Inc
- Your Maximum Pet Size - Cats, Large Cats, Small Dogs, Medium Dogs, Large Dogs, X-Large Dogs
- Climate Suitability - Severe-4 Season
- Sealing Value - Very High
- Wind Resistance - Very High
- Frame Material - Heavy Extruded Aluminum
- Employs Patented “Endura Flap” - Yes
- Insulation Value - High
- Possible to Add Additional Magnets for Greater Wind Resistance - Yes
- Flap Material - Engage
- Flap Design - Single, One Part , Flexible, Insulated Flap
- Flap Colors - Clear
- Flap Thickness - 7/8"
- Award Winning Design - Yes
- Replacement Flaps Available - Yes
- Ability to Lock Flap - No Flap Lock Provided
- Can Be Installed In - Solid Core Door, Kennel Wall, Polycarbonate, Plywood or Other Thin Material
- Warranty Period - 10 years