MIM Variogate - Safety Engineered Dog Gate for Cars
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Company?
Need Help? Live Chat
Back Order Note: The MIM Variocage is currently out of stock for all of North America, and will not be back in stock until the beginning of May. Back Ordering a Variogate now, will reserve one at the current price.
Now available in North America for the first time! Designed, engineered and produced by MIM Construction AB in Sweden, manufacturer of the world’s only Crash Tested Dog Crate – the Variocage.
The MIM Variogate transforms your cargo area into a spacious, safe and secure environment for transporting pets. While giving you the versatility to use your cargo area, when not traveling with them.
When used with a cargo barrier, such as our Crash Tested MIM Safe VarioBarrier, the Variogate will create a safe and secure containment area for your loved ones. The Variogate/VarioBarrier is ideal for situations in which a Variocage will not fit in a cargo area, or you need the flexibility to use the cargo area when not transporting your pets.
- Safely Secures Animals and Cargo
- Fits Most Station Wagons and SUV's
- Allows Maximum Use of Cargo Area
- Offers Ventilation When Vehicle is Stationary & Cargo Hatch is Open
- Adjustable in Height, Width and Length as well as the Slope of Rear Door
- Locking Doors with Gas Hydraulic Motion Springs
- Built-In Key Lock for Security
- High-Quality Powder Coated Steel Construction
- Installs Easily in Car with Load Tested Straps to Anchor Points
- Short and Long Dividers are Available as an Accessory
- Leash Hooks Included
- No Modification to Vehicle Required
|Size||Variable Height||Variable Width||Variable Length||Shipping Weight||Instructions|
|Variogate Universal||24.40 - 37.79||37.59 - 44.09||32.28 - 51.18||57.32 lbs||Variogate Instructions|
|Size and Measurements in Inches|
Use the Instructions Below to Determine the Right Variocage for Your Dogs & Vehicles
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions at all about measuring or sizing, please Contact Us! We cannot guarantee a return if the incorrect size Variocage is chosen without our recommendations.
Step 1 - Measure Your Dog
To properly measure your dog:
A. Measure the length of your dog, from the tip of the nose to the rump or base of the tail, then add 3 inches to the measurement. The calculated length should be at or shorter than the Variocage's max length.
B. Measure the height of your dog, from floor to the top of the withers (high spot on the back above the shoulders), then add 3 inches to the measurement. The calculated height should be at or shorter than the Variocage's height.
It is important to measure your dog first before measuring your vehicle. Proper fit for your dog is vital to your dog’s comfort and safety. Here are some helpful hints when measuring your dog for a Variocage.
- Hold the measuring tape in one hand and place the free end at the front edge of your dog's nose pulling it straight back to the base of his tail. This will give you the length measurement for your dog. You will need to add Three (3) inches to allow the dog room to turn around in the cage.
- Place the tape at the top of the shoulder and measure down to the floor to get a proper height measurement. Add Three (3) inches to give the dog plenty of room if he wants to stand up.
- Be sure to estimate your dog's adult size if you order his crate while he is still growing. You can check his breed standard to get an estimate of what size he will reach at maturity to make sure your crate is large enough.
- Proper measuring will assure that your pet can comfortably stand, sit, turn around, and lie down in his cage. You can always add a divider panel in the MIM Safe Variocage Double if necessary, and reserve the remaining space until your pet grows into it.
- As a general rule, if you're not sure which size to select, choose a larger size.
Step 2 - Measure Your Vehicle
The MIM Variocage is suitable for use in Station Wagons, Crossovers, Minivans, Vans, and SUV's. The Variocage is also angled towards the top on both the front and the back of the cage and is adjustable in length so it can fit in a variety of vehicles. The slope of the front and back of the cage is approximately the same as the slope of the backseat of most vehicles.
The roof of the cage is shorter in length than the floor in consideration of the angle of the back seat, as well as the angle of the rear entryway door. Measuring length as indicated above will provide for a proper fit in almost all suitable vehicles. The roof of the cage is also narrower in width than the floor to allow for a proper fit in almost all suitable vehicles.
Proper Technique for Measuring Your Vehicle
Check to see if your car has a raised sill at the rear cargo entrance. If the sill is raised, you should put something flat under the cage so its doors can open correctly. We recommend rigid foam board insulation to minimize interference with your car’s crumple zone. The floor of the cargo area should be flat.
- (A) Measure the narrowest usable area across the floor of the cargo area where you would position the crate (Note: The narrowest usable area is often between the rear wheel wells or at the bottom of the cargo door entrance.)
- (B) Measure the usable length of the cargo floor from the back seat to the door sill (Note: The front & back of the cage are angled. Total cage length is approximately 12˝ narrower at the top.)
- (C) Measure the height from the cargo floor to the lowest point at the top of the cargo door entrance (Note: Be sure to measure the shortest point which is often at the sides of the cargo entrance not in the middle.)
You may also use the manufacturer's Vehicle configurator below.
This vehicle configurator is based on European model vehicles which may differ slightly than American car models. Very few American vehicle models are included. You may use this configurator as a point of reference, however we absolutely recommend you double check the measurements of your vehicle to find the best sized Variocage.
Complete Variocage Dimensions
Variocage Assembly Guides
- MIM Variocage Single Assembly Guide
- MIM Variocage Double Assembly Guide
- MIM Variocage MiniMax Assembly Guide
- MIM Variocage Compact Assembly Guide
- MIM Variogate Assembly Guide
Variocage Double Assembly Video
Variocage Double Mounting Video
Variocage Single Assembly Video
Variocage Single Mounting Video
Video Demonstration on Adjusting the Depth of your Variocage
Adjusting the Top of your MIM Variocage
Step One: Measure the distance between the top panel seam and top panel leading edge (Diagram #1 – Measurement (A)) .
Step Two: Measure the distance between the opposite top panel seam and top panel leading edge (Diagram #1 – Measurement (B)).
Step Three: If Measurement (A) equals Measurement (B), no further adjustment is needed. If Measurement (B) does not equal Measurement (A), adjust Measurement (B) until it equals Measurement (A). To do so, loosen the black knobs on top of cage and adjust until Measurement (A) matches Measurement (B). Once Measurement (A) and Measurement (B) are equal, re-tighten black knobs.
Please Note: If your cage rattles, you will need to compress the top of the cage. To do so, loosen the black knobs on the top of the cage, compress the top of the cage 1/8” to 1/4”, and retighten knobs. Make sure you follow the three steps above after you make this adjustment to ensure Measurement (A) and Measurement (B) are equal.
Adjusting the Bottom of your MIM Variocage
Step Four: Measure the distance between the floor panel seam and the outside leading edge on the left side of the cage (Diagram #2).
Step Five: Measure the distance between the floor panel seam and the outside leading edge on the right side of the cage.
Step Six: If this measurement on the left and right side of the cage are equal, no further adjustment is necessary. If this measurement is NOT the same on the left and right side of the cage, adjust until this measurement is equal on both sides. To do so, loosen the black knobs on both sides of the cage and adjust until both sides are equal. Once both sides are equal, re-tighten black knobs.
MIM (MM) - Ships FedEx Ground from FORT WORTH, TX
- Note on Shipping*: All Variocages are shipped with Signatures Required. To opt out of a required signature please make a note in your order.
- Ships same business day if orders are placed by 12pm ET, Monday through Friday.
- Add transit time based on map:
Freight Shipping Information
There is often confusion about how freight works and how lift gate deliveries work. Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment. Our standard Free Shipping option for freight delivery includes delivery to a Commercial Address and does NOT include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential or Commercial address. If there is no option for Residential or Commercial delivery, then the cost of this is included in the price.
We also recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all Residential deliveries, and any commercial locations without a loading dock.
- Freight Delivery Location - This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Residential or Commercial address.
- Residential - The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address. Our freight carrier will contact you to make an appointment before delivery is attempted to a residential address. Residential delivery does NOT include a Liftgate. Liftgates are a separate option.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Freight Liftgate - A lift gate is just a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level.
Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option. However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Shipping Made Easy
We work hard to make shipping easy for you. Here's how:
- Multiple warehouse locations nationwide to ensure faster shipping times
- Email confirmations with tracking ID for all of your shipments, with step by step updates on the status of your delivery
- Safe handling and extra fast delivery by parcel or freight via one of our many reputable shipping partners.
Returns Made Easy
For more information, please see our Return Policy.