KleinMetall AllSafe Tether for Dog Seat Belt Harness
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
Note on Shipping*: All KleinMetall product orders over $300 ship with Indirect Adult Signature Required. We cannot make any exceptions to this policy. Please see the shipping tab for details and what you can do if no one will be home for delivery.
The KleinMetall All Safe Harness already comes with one short tether (the safer option).
Addition tethers may purchased here, with an option for either the shorter or longer length.
*ORDER NOTE: There is a 6 minimum order of 6 tethers, unless you are ordering with an AllSafe Harness or other Kleinmetall product.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Crash Test Performance
The German Auto Club tested the AllSafe Harness at their ADAC Technology Centre. Performance was measured against the criteria established in DIN-75410-2 / ECE R-17 and crash tested with a 50lb dog dummy at speeds up to 30 mph.
The AllSafe Harness was also tested by the Test and Research Institute of Sweden and the Swedish Veterinary Office.
The AllSafe Harness was tested by MGA Research in the USA using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 213 for Child Restraints and crash tested with a dog dummy weighing 75lbs at speeds up to 30 mph.
In addition, the AllSafe Harness was tested using the current Center for Pet Safety interpretation of ideal harness performance. During independent testing performed at the MGA Research Corporation laboratory on 9/27/13, the AllSafe Harness kept a 75lb dog dummy on the seat for the duration of the crash test with a measured head excursion of 32.4." Remarkably, the AllSafe Harness suffered no visible failures, catastrophic or otherwise during testing.
- The AllSafe Harness successfully kept a 75lb test dog dummy on the seat for the duration of the crash test
- The AllSafe Harness suffered no visible failures, catastrophic or otherwise during testing
- The AllSafe Harness is the only pet safety harness tested using both ECE R-17 and FMVSS 213 crash test standards
- The AllSafe Harness limited the head excursion of the 75lb dog dummy to 32.4"
- The AllSafe Harness underwent both dynamic crash testing and static tensile strength testing demonstrating remarkable performance ratings
The purpose of locking retractors in a seat belt system is to provide the seated occupant the convenience of some free movement of the upper torso within the compartment, while providing a method of limiting this movement in the event of a crash.
A seat belt functions to reduce the likelihood of death or serious injury in a traffic collision by reducing the force of secondary impacts with interior strike hazards and by preventing occupants from being ejected from the vehicle in a crash or if the vehicle rolls over.
The goal of the AllSafe Harness is to keep your pet restrained in the event of an accident. This is critical in order to minimize the risk of injury to your pet and human occupants.
The AllSafe Harness is intended for use in the rear passenger seat and cannot be used in the front seat! During an independent test performed at the MGA Research Corporation laboratory on 9/27/13, the AllSafe Harness kept a 75lb dog dummy on the seat for the duration of the crash test with a measured head excursion of only 32.4".
Eliminating the tether and feeding the lap/shoulder belt combination through the back of the harness accomplished this. By keeping the 75lb test dog on the seat, the AllSafe Harness improved its performance under the Center for Pet Safety interpretation of ideal harness performance. To reduce the chance of risk or injury, the AllSafe Harness must be used with the seat belt in its shortest position without any slack. This is optimal from a safety perspective.
The AllSafe Harness was tested at MGA Research Corporation without a tether, as shown in the photo below.
The German Auto Club tested the AllSafe Harness at their ADAC Technology Centre using a tether. They measured its performance against the criteria established in ECE R-17 and crash tested it with a 50lb dog dummy at speeds up to 30mph.
Using the AllSafe Tether for several crash test sessions at MGA Research Corporation, the AllSafe Harness and Tether suffered no damage and kept control of the dog.
If you use a crash tested adjustable tether, it MUST be adjusted to 6” or less for optimal safety with the seat belt locked in its shortest position to secure your pet while traveling in a vehicle.
IMPORTANT: A long tether compromises safety and increases risk in a serious accident for all human and animal occupants in the vehicle.
AllSafe Crash Test Safety Video
KleinMetall (KM) - Ships FedEx Ground from GRANDVIEW, MO
- Note on Shipping*: All KleinMetall product orders over $300 ship with Indirect Adult Signature Required. FedEx will not allow us to make an exception to this and we cannot make changes to the shipping address once the order has shipped. If you will not be home for the delivery, you may call FedEx and sign in advance prior to delivery. Another option is to wait for FedEx to attempt delivery and sign the signature tag left on their door and leave it on your door handle. Once you have signed in advanced or signed the signature tag and leave it on your door, FedEx will deliver the order and leave the package even if you are not there to receive it. Once the call tag is signed, Pet Pro Supply Co. will have no liability for any claims made for lost or undelivered items.
- Ships same day if item is in stock and order is placed by 12pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Add transit time based on map:
FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
Some of our larger commercial items ship via LTL freight. There is often confusion about how freight works and how lift gate deliveries work. Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment. Our standard Free Shipping option for freight deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option for Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial delivery, then the cost of this is included in the price.
We also recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
- Freight Delivery Location - This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address.
- Residential - The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address. In most cases, our freight carrier will contact you to make an appointment before delivery is attempted to a residential address.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Construction, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Freight Liftgate - A lift gate is just a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level.
Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option. However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.