KleinMetall AllSafe Car Safety Dog Seat Belt Harness
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Company?
A dog that is not properly secured in the vehicle is not only at risk being seriously injured itself in an accident, but can also pose a considerable hazard for all the other passengers in the car. In addition, n unrestrained pet can be a significant distraction or, in some cases, even cause a motor vehicle accident. This is why it is critical that our four-legged friends are always secured when they are in a moving vehicle.
The KleinMetall AllSafe Car Safety Harness for dogs is one of the only canine auto harness/seatbelt that has passed crash tests in both Europe and the US, resisting pressure of up to 1 ton. This high-quality German engineered car harness was crash tested by the German Auto Club in head-on collisions at speeds up to 30 mph using a dog dummy and was certified according to the stringent standards of DIN-75410-2/ECE R-17. And then in the the USA, it was crash tested by MGA Research using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 213. All in all, the AllSafe Harness is the most thoroughly tested, established, and proven dog safety harness in the world.
For more testing information please see our AllSafe Harness Safety & Testing page.
The AllSafe Car Safety Harness has been rigorously engineered with tear-resistant nylon the highest-rated tensile strength of any dog safety harness, and high-quality stainless steel. The chest piece is padded for a comfortable fit, to prevent chafing, and to protect pressure points in case of an accident. It is put on to your dog, like a shirt and the tether connects instantly to any seat belt on the rear seat, no tools required.
For safety purposes and as recommended by crash test standard, please only use the 6" long tether with the AllSafe Harness.Key Features:
- Crash Test Rated Using Government Safety Standards
DIN-75410-2/ECE R-17 | FMVSS 213
- Perfect Track Record of Safety for Over 17 Years
- Four Sizes Available to Fit a Wide Variety of Dogs
- Transitions Easily from a Car Safety Harness to a Walking Harness
- High-Quality Nylon and Stainless Steel Construction
- Reflective Banding for Increased Visibility in an Emergency
- Highest Rated Tensile Strength and Superior Crash Test Performance
- One (1) Short Fixed 6" Tether included with each Purchase of a Harness
For maximum safety, the Center for Car Safety recommends feeding the lap/shoulder belt combination through the back of the harness to restrict the dog so that he will be kept on the seat in the event of a crash.
A seat belt functions to reduce the likelihood of death or serious injury in a traffic collision by reducing the force of secondary impacts with interior strike hazards and by preventing occupants from being ejected from the vehicle in a crash or if the vehicle rolls over. The goal of the AllSafe Harness is to keep your dog restrained in the event of an accident. This is critical in order to minimize the chance of injury to your dog or to the human occupants of the car.
Please note that all measurements are approximate. Final fit and comfort is individual to each dog.
The AllSafe Harness already includes a short tether (safer option), but additional tethers may be purchased separately, in either a shorter or longer length. We absolutely do not recommend use of the long tether while the vehicle is in motion.
Additional Long Adjustable Tether - 7 inch to 17 inch
Additional Short Fixed - 6 inch
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Crash Test Performance
The German Auto Club tested the AllSafe Harness at their ADAC Technology Centre. Performance was measured against the criteria established in DIN-75410-2 / ECE R-17 and crash tested with a 50lb dog dummy at speeds up to 30 mph.
The AllSafe Harness was also tested by the Test and Research Institute of Sweden and the Swedish Veterinary Office.
The AllSafe Harness was tested by MGA Research in the USA using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 213 for Child Restraints and crash tested with a dog dummy weighing 75lbs at speeds up to 30 mph.
In addition, the AllSafe Harness was tested using the current Center for Pet Safety interpretation of ideal harness performance. During independent testing performed at the MGA Research Corporation laboratory on 9/27/13, the AllSafe Harness kept a 75lb dog dummy on the seat for the duration of the crash test with a measured head excursion of 32.4." Remarkably, the AllSafe Harness suffered no visible failures, catastrophic or otherwise during testing.
- The AllSafe Harness successfully kept a 75lb test dog dummy on the seat for the duration of the crash test
- The AllSafe Harness suffered no visible failures, catastrophic or otherwise during testing
- The AllSafe Harness is the only pet safety harness tested using both ECE R-17 and FMVSS 213 crash test standards
- The AllSafe Harness limited the head excursion of the 75lb dog dummy to 32.4"
- The AllSafe Harness underwent both dynamic crash testing and static tensile strength testing demonstrating remarkable performance ratings
The purpose of locking retractors in a seat belt system is to provide the seated occupant the convenience of some free movement of the upper torso within the compartment, while providing a method of limiting this movement in the event of a crash.
A seat belt functions to reduce the likelihood of death or serious injury in a traffic collision by reducing the force of secondary impacts with interior strike hazards and by preventing occupants from being ejected from the vehicle in a crash or if the vehicle rolls over.
The goal of the AllSafe Harness is to keep your pet restrained in the event of an accident. This is critical in order to minimize the risk of injury to your pet and human occupants.
The AllSafe Harness is intended for use in the rear passenger seat and cannot be used in the front seat! During an independent test performed at the MGA Research Corporation laboratory on 9/27/13, the AllSafe Harness kept a 75lb dog dummy on the seat for the duration of the crash test with a measured head excursion of only 32.4".
Eliminating the tether and feeding the lap/shoulder belt combination through the back of the harness accomplished this. By keeping the 75lb test dog on the seat, the AllSafe Harness improved its performance under the Center for Pet Safety interpretation of ideal harness performance. To reduce the chance of risk or injury, the AllSafe Harness must be used with the seat belt in its shortest position without any slack. This is optimal from a safety perspective.
The AllSafe Harness was tested at MGA Research Corporation without a tether, as shown in the photo below.
The German Auto Club tested the AllSafe Harness at their ADAC Technology Centre using a tether. They measured its performance against the criteria established in ECE R-17 and crash tested it with a 50lb dog dummy at speeds up to 30mph.
Using the AllSafe Tether for several crash test sessions at MGA Research Corporation, the AllSafe Harness and Tether suffered no damage and kept control of the dog.
If you use a crash tested adjustable tether, it MUST be adjusted to 6” or less for optimal safety with the seat belt locked in its shortest position to secure your pet while traveling in a vehicle.
IMPORTANT: A long tether compromises safety and increases risk in a serious accident for all human and animal occupants in the vehicle.
AllSafe Crash Test Safety Video
KleinMetall (KM) - Ships FedEx Ground from FORT WORTH, TX
- Ships same day if item is in stock and order is placed by 12pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Add transit time based on map:
Freight Shipping Information
There is often confusion about how freight works and how lift gate deliveries work. Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment. Our standard Free Shipping option for freight delivery includes delivery to a Commercial Address and does NOT include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential or Commercial address. If there is no option for Residential or Commercial delivery, then the cost of this is included in the price.
We also recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all Residential deliveries, and any commercial locations without a loading dock.
- Freight Delivery Location - This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Residential or Commercial address.
- Residential - The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address. Our freight carrier will contact you to make an appointment before delivery is attempted to a residential address. Residential delivery does NOT include a Liftgate. Liftgates are a separate option.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Freight Liftgate - A lift gate is just a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level.
Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option. However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Shipping Made Easy
We work hard to make shipping easy for you. Here's how:
- Multiple warehouse locations nationwide to ensure faster shipping times
- Email confirmations with tracking ID for all of your shipments, with step by step updates on the status of your delivery
- Safe handling and extra fast delivery by parcel or freight via one of our many reputable shipping partners.
Returns Made Easy
For more information, please see our Return Policy.