Hale Pet Door SpringTech Cat & Dog Door for Vertical Windows
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
Get a Hale Pet Door today and quit being the doorman for your dogs and cats!
Need help finding the best size? Call or E-mail us and we'll help you find the right size for your cat or dog!
All Hale pet doors are ultra high-end products that utilize the highest quality material and are designed with meticulous attention to detail. Don't waste money on cheap pet doors that use materials of lower quality - they won't last you more than a few months. A Hale pet door lasts owners many, many years with regular use. On top of that, Hale helps owners save on energy bills compared to other pet doors, because Hale doors have flaps with the highest rating for insulation and sealing! You can rest assured knowing that this is an investment that your pet will appreciate for years to come.
Hale Vertical Omni SpringTech Model Pet Door
The Vertical SpringTech Window Model pet door is designed to fit into almost any window that slides open and closed vertically. It is spring loaded making it our easiest model to install and to remove if necessary; however, due to the spring mechanism it has the least amount of visible glass of our window models. The SpringTech model has insulated dual pane glass and also includes double vinyl flaps for increased performance in severe climate areas.
Each window model is custom manufactured to your measurements, for windows up to 60". It has an adjustment range of 3” so no cutting is required. These units are designed to fit window tracks as narrow as ½”. The size of the pet door may be limited by the size of your window and the extent to which it will open.
*Note on Shipping: All Hale Window Pet Doors, including this one,are made to our customer's specifications. Because of this, shipping can take up to two (2) weeks.
*Note on Returns: Due to the completely customized nature of this product, returns will be allowed as a 50% credit toward the purchase of a different Hale Pet Door. The Pet Pro Supply Co. Return Policy applies in respect to time limits only.
SpringTech Window Model vs Omni Window Model
This SpringTech is the easiest window model to install and remove when compared to the Hale Omni Window Model. However, the SpringTech model has less visible glass area than the SpringTech.
- Strong, Durable, and Long Lasting - Hale Pet Doors will not break on you, unlike cheaper doors. The frames are made of extruded aluminum with steel reinforced corners, and are far superior to plastic or pressed metal frames. The door Flaps are made of PVC vinyl, stronger and longer lasting than most other commonly used materials.
- Maximum Energy Efficiency Saves Money - Panel is made from double-pane insulate glass. The weather resistant Flaps combined with ultra strong alnico magnets and nylon pile weather-stripping provide great protection from the wind and weather. The double flap also provides additional insulation in even the harshest of climates.
- Secures Your Home - All doors include a shock, impact, and fire resistant King Starboard Polymer security cover to keep out intruders and pests alike! Covers are secured with a reliably strong steel pin lock attached to the frame itself (unlike many other pet doors) preventing the lock from being opened from the outside.
- Easily Remove Door When Not Needed - Since no drilling is required, Hale doors are easy to take off, or put back on. They are perfect for those who are renting a home, apartment, or condo.
- Easy, Worry Free Support - Experienced technicians are available by phone for installation or technical consultation. Also, all Hale Pet Doors include a comprehensive 5 year, no fault warranty!
- Made in the U.S.A. - All Hale Pet Doors are manufactured in the United States with the greatest attention to detail.
- Flap Size: 11 standard sizes available from small to giant. Use the Size Chart below, or click on the Additional Info tab for more details.
- Frame Color: Available in four color choices
- Beige - hard coat paint, looks like coffee with a couple of creamers added.
- Brushed Aluminum - anodized metal, satin nickel color, looks like the bottom of a Coke can.
- Dark Bronze - anodized metal, chocolate brown, looks almost black in dimmer light.
- White - white hard coat paint.
- Flap Installed On: The handing refers to which side of the window you want your pet door flap installed on. From inside your house looking out, please choose either left side or right side.
- Overall Width of Window (A): Measured in the sliding track from the inside of one vertical side track and flush with the inner face of the opposite vertical side track or window frame. Do not measure inside both tracks or the window unit will be too wide. Do not measure flush on both ends or the window unit will be too narrow. - CLICK HERE to see our Measuring Guide
- Maximum Height of Window Opening (B): Overall height of the window opening, when opened all the way. This measurement help verify that there is enough room for the Flap Size selected. - CLICK HERE to see our Measuring Guide
- Track Width (C): Our standard window insert will fit into window tracks 7/8" or greater. If your track measures between 1/2" and 7/8", the window insert will need to be factory modified to fit into the channel. We provide this service at no additional charge to you if you provide us the measurement of your window tracks when ordering. - CLICK HERE to see our Measuring Guide
- Training Flap (Optional): Additional flap, for temporary use while your pet is timid and learning how to use the pet door.
- Low E Coating (Optional): Optional coating applied to the glass in your panel for more energy efficiency and to reduce heat while still allowing light to enter.
- Tinting (Optional): Applies a colored coating to the glass to reduce heat. Tint changes with glass thickness and other variables and cannot be guaranteed as to exact color or darkness
Hale Pet Door Size Chart
The easiest way to test flap size for your pet is to cut a hole in a piece of cardboard that is the size of the flap you are interested in, then coax your pet through (use treats if necessary). Place the cardboard in the opening of a door so they have to walk through the hole to get to the reward! See what flap size works best for your pet.
|Model||Size||Flap Opening (W x H)||Rough Opening (W x H)||Tip to Tip (W x H)||Pet Weight||Pet Shoulder Height||Breed Examples|
|A||Small||5 1/2" x 7 1/2"||7 3/8" x 9 3/8"||8 3/8" x 10 3/8"||Very small cats up to 8 lbs.||Up to 7"||Cats (very small only)|
|B||Small Medium||6 1/2" x 9 1/2"||8 1/2" x 11 1/2"||9 9/16" x 12 9/16"||Most cats, small dogs 6-12 lbs.||9"-13"||Cats, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Mini Poodle|
|C||Medium||8 1/2" x 12 1/2"||10 1/2" x 14 1/2"||11 9/16" x 15 3/8"||Dogs 10-35 lbs.||12"-15"||Terriers, Pug, Corgi, Shiba Inu|
|D||Tall Medium||8 1/2" x 16"||10 1/2" x 18"||11 9/16" x 19 1/16"||Tall Dogs 30-45 lbs.||15"-20"||Cocker Spaniel, Sheltie, Beagle|
|E||Large||11" x 16"||13" x 18"||14 1/16" x 19 1/16"||Dogs 40-55 lbs.||15"-20"||Basset, Chow, Keeshond, Husky|
|F||Tall Large||11" x 19 1/2"||13" x 21 5/8"||14 1/16" x 22 9/16"||Taller Dogs 50-95 lbs.||21"-24"||German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever|
|G||Tall Large Plus||11" x 23 1/2"||13" x 25 5/8"||14 1/16" x 26 9/16"||Tall slender dogs to 110 lbs.||25"-27"||Standard Poodle, Irish Setter, Greyhound|
|H||Extra Tall Large||11" x 27 1/2"||13" x 29 5/8"||14 1/16" x 30 9/16"||Very tall, slender dogs to 120 lbs.||24"-31"||Afghan, Irish Wolfhound, Borzoi|
|I||Extra Large||14" x 19 1/2"||16" x 21 5/8"||17 1/16" x 22 9/16"||Large dogs to 120 lbs.||22"-24"||Rottweiler, Akita, Bulldog|
|J||Extra Large Plus||14" x 23 1/2"||16" x 25 5/8"||17 1/16" x 26 9/16"||Larger dogs to 150 lbs.||25"-27"||St. Bernard, Newfoundland|
|K||Giant||15 1/2" x 27 1/2"||17 5/8" x 29 5/8"||18 9/16" x 30 9/16"||Most Giant Breeds||25"-31"||Great Dane, Mastiff, Great Pyrenees|
Pet Door Technical Specifications
- Flaps: Double flaps (one flap on each door surface) made of flexible 3/16” clear PVC vinyl. Also available in black and white.
- Frame: Extruded heavy aluminum
- Inner Frame: Inner frame made of two separate metal extrusions. Three sides entrap the security cover. Both metals are .063” wall thickness.
- Outer Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063” wall thickness. Designed to sleeve into the inside frame.
- Energy Efficiency
- Weather Stripping: Flaps are surrounded by ½” nylon pile for maximum insulation. Nylon is woven into a backing 9/32” wide and 1/32” thick.
- Alnico5 Magnets: A ¼” rod magnet 1 ½” long made from an aluminum, nickel and cobalt alloy known for its strength and durability. Door size determines number of magnets.
- Strikes: Made of ferrous stainless steel. 1 ½” long, ¾” tall and 1/32” thick. U shaped with interior prongs, when squeezed onto the vinyl flap, the barbed prongs hold firmly.
- Double Flap: Creates Insulation with dead air space between flaps
- Security Cover: 1/4” thick King Starboard® or 3/16" Lexan® polycarbonate sheet. Extremely shock and impact resistant. Has a 3/8” diameter locking hole and a ¾” diameter handle hole. Can be installed outside or inside. Required drill bits are included.
- Pin Lock: Mounted on the frame secures the cover in place, with a ¼” diameter positive action steel pin encased with 5/32” thick fabricated plated steel.
Window Technical Specifications
Frame: Designed to fit into a window track 7/8” or wider but can be
factory modified to fit tracks as small as ½”.
- Spring Expansion: Springs within the spring expansion area force this end of the unit outward causing the window model to fit snuggly into the window track.
- Springs: Two to four springs (depending on the unit size) each 5” long and 7/16” outside diameter. Each spring consists of 24 coils of spring wire .042” in diameter.
- Glass: Double pane insulated tempered glass standard.
Pile Weather Stripping: Top and bottom edges of window unit contain
dense 5/16” gray nylon pile weather stripping. Nylon is woven into a .270
wide and 1/32” thick nylon backing.
Vinyl Weather Stripping: Unit also comes with extra length of 1 7/8” x
1/16” black vinyl weather stripping to attach to back edge of your window
to prevent air leakage.
Hale Pet Door 5 Year No Fault Warranty
Hale Pet Door has been making the highet quality pet doors on the market for over 30 years. Hale uses fully tempered glass of the greatest quality and strength available for each application, and also meets or exceeds all safety glazing laws and codes in the United States. Hale Pet Door guarantees and warrants, that the Hale Pet Door products and component parts thereof shall be free from any defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door model pet doors is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. Hale agrees to exchange or repair at the company's expense, any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to inspection. Hale Pet Door will even credit 50% towards the cost of a replacement Hale Pet Door, any door that was damaged by the customer (due to no fault by Hale Pet Door). Some restrictions apply, for full warranty details - Click Here.
- Your Maximum Pet Size - Cats, Large Cats, Small Dogs, Medium Dogs, Large Dogs, X-Large Dogs
- Type of Window - Sash (Up & Down)
- Climate Suitability - Severe-4 Season
- Sealing Value - High
- Wind Resistance - High
- Frame Material - Extruded Aluminum
- Insulation Value - High
- Possible to Add Additional Magnets for Greater Wind Resistance - Yes
- Flap Material - Vinyl
- Flap Design - Double, One Part , Flexible, Thin Flap
- Flap Colors - Clear
- Flap Thickness - 1/8"
- Replacement Flaps Available - Yes
- Dual or Single Pane - Dual Pane
- Ability to Lock Flap - Separate Locking Cover-Loads from Top
- Locking Cover Material - Polycarbonate
- Can Be Installed In - Vertical or Horizontal Opening Windows
Comparison Chart - Hale Window Pet Doors & Hale Pet Doors for Sliding Glass Doors
|Model Name:||Standard Panel Pet Door||Omni Panel Pet Door||Vertical Hale Omni Window Model Pet Door||Vertical Hale SpringTech Window Model Pet Door|
|Applications:||Sliding Glass Doors||Sliding glass doors||Vertical single or double hung sliding windows.||Vertical single or double hung sliding windows.|
|Price Range:||$635-$1000 (regular) or $685-$1050 (oversize 82-96 inches)||$655-$1100 (regular)||$595-$990||$485-$920|
|Ease of Install:||Easy||Extremely easy||Extremely easy||Extremely easy|
|Standard # of Flaps:||2||2||2||2|
|Locking Mechanism:||pin bolt lock -- pet door
level latch -- panel lock
|pin bolt lock -- pet door, drop down lock bar -- panel lock||pin bolt lock -- pet door, Lock bar included if window is large enough, otherwise window can be screwed closed.||pin bolt lock -- pet door, Window can be screwed closed if desired|
|Security Cover Included:||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cover Sliding Directions:||Top load only||Top load only||Side load only||Side load only|
|Frame Colors:||Arizona Beige , Brushed Aluminum , Dark Bronze, White||Arizona Beige||Arizona Beige||Arizona Beige|
|Points to Consider:||
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
What size pet door will I need?
Our pet door comes in 11 standard sizes that fit the smallest cat to Great Danes. We can also make a custom size door if needed. Refer to the Hale Pet Door sizing guide to help you with your choice. Feel free to call customer service if you need more assistance.
Which model is best for me?
We offer 10 different models of pet door for almost any application imaginable. What model you need depends not only on your pet but also on the locations you have available for installation. Our wall model is our most popular model but it doesn’t work for everyone. See the model comparison chart to view the recommended applications of each of our models.
How does a Hale Pet Door™ work?
Our pet doors are designed to be safe, secure and comfortable for your pet. Rather than using hard plastic or two pieces of flexible plastic or any tinted plastic, our flaps are made of clear, flexible vinyl that easily swing in or out when your pet pushes on them. And because our flaps are in one piece, there is nothing for your pet to get caught on as they use the door, even if they change their mind partway through. The magnets hold the flap securely but still gently enough that your pet should have no trouble opening the door.
Why do Hale Pet Doors cost more than other brands?
Our pet doors are made with the highest quality workmanship and of the finest materials available. We use only extruded aluminum framing, pvc vinyl flaps and King Starboard® security covers. Because these materials are superior, our pet doors are much heavier for greater strength and durability.
Can I lock my pet door?
Absolutely. All of our pet doors (except the screen model) come standard with a King Starboard® security cover. Starboard is manufactured for marine applications and is virtually indestructible. This cover can be locked into place with our steel positive action pin lock to make your pet door virtually impregnable.
What prevents insects, rodents or other animals from getting inside?
Hale pet doors are designed to seal very tightly. We use heavy pile weather stripping and strong alnico magnets. Therefore, insects and small animals cannot push their way in through the pet door. Since the flaps are also sealed and do not hang open, larger animals do not see an opening to get started. Most animals need a little conditioning to get used to using a pet door and won’t push against something that isn’t already open. We recommend keeping all food and water away from the area of the pet door, either inside or outside the house, so unwanted animals are not even attracted to the area in the first place. If you have further security or animal intrusion concerns, we offer a full line of security products to complement our pet doors.
What color choices do I have?
Our pet doors come in four standard colors: brushed aluminum (satiny silver color), dark bronze (almost black), Arizona Beige (tan), and white. The brushed aluminum and dark bronze finishes are both anodized aluminum and the white and Arizona Beige finishes are both hard coat paint for durability. We can also mix and match the inside and outside frames of your pet door to match the interior and exterior of your home if desired.
Additionally we have several choices for security covers. Our standard security covers are made of an opaque material and are designed to complement each or our frame colors. (Black with Dark Bronze, Dolphin Gray with Brushed Aluminum, Sanshade with Arizona Beige, and White with White).
For the carpet, white or tan frames will generally come with a brown carpet, and the aluminum or bronze frames come with a black carpet. However, this is based on what we have in stock, and any request to customize the carpet color can delay the order.
Do I have to install my pet door by myself?
With their self framing design, our pet doors are designed to be extremely easy to install. If you have a basic working knowledge of power tools and home repairs, our doors can easily be installed in most applications by any do-it-yourselfer. We have also provided installation instructions for download on this website and we have experienced technicians available for free telephone consultation if desired. Of course, if you don’t want to install your own pet door, we have a large network of franchises and dealers across the country who would be happy to assist you. Feel free to call customer service for a reference.
Want to see how the installation of a Hale Pet Door works before you buy it? Check out our installation guides below, and see how easy Doing It Yourself can be.Wall Model Pet Door Installation
Hale (HL) - Ships FedEx Ground from Canon City, CO
- Door and Wall Model pet doors take 1-5 business days before we are able to ship.
- All other models take 5-10 business days to fabricate and assemble before we are able to ship.
- Add transit time based on map:
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost ia already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
the door is built really well but should go back thru a redesign. it doesn't let much outside air in but there are many little things that are a problem. however, the people at Pet Pro were really good to deal with and did a lot to make me overlook the fact that i was in a dither making the installation workable.