Hale Pet Door Kennel Pet Doors
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Company?
The Hale Pet Door™ Kennel Pet Door line is the perfect choice for high traffic situations encountered by kennels, breeders, pet resorts, police K-9 forces, and more. Unlike electronic pet doors that suffer from repeated breakdowns our kennel doors stand up to continuous use.
- A heavy duty frame of extruded aluminum with steel reinforced corners ensures Hale Pet Doors will not break on you, unlike cheaper doors. The frames are made of extruded aluminum with steel reinforced corners, and are far superior to plastic or pressed metal frames. The door Flaps are made of PVC vinyl, stronger and longer lasting than most other commonly used materials.
- A King Starboard® polymer wall guard panel and guillotine style security cover with a zinc alloy cover handle, vinyl coated stainless steel cable, zinc swivel-eye pulleys and heavy duty ceiling hooks for remote operation
- PVC vinyl flaps with custom designed strikes, Alnico magnets and nylon pile weather stripping for maximum energy efficiency
- A heavy duty aluminum tunnel with mold and mildew resistant olefin nylon carpet
- Water containment and diversion system with flashing and raincap
- The raincap is part of Hale's water containment and diversion system to help prevent moisture intrusion into your pet door. This awning like attachment hooks onto the top edge of the outside frame and helps protect from water intrusion into the pet door itself and therefore into your house. The raincaps are available in our four standard frame colors and will be supplied to match the exterior pet door frame.
- Made in the U.S.A. - All Hale Pet Doors are manufactured in the United States with the greatest attention to detail
- Hale Pet Door Kennel Dog Doors come in four standard frame colors with coordinating security cover colors.
- Arizona Beige - hard coat paint, looks like coffee with a couple of creamers added.
- Brushed Aluminum - anodized metal, satin nickel color, looks like the bottom of a Coke can.
- Dark Bronze - anodized metal, chocolate brown, looks almost black in dimmer light.
- White - white hard coat paint
- The Kennel Door Wall Model is available in 11 standard sizes to fit any pet, big or small
- The dimensions listed next to each size are for the passage opening the pet would use.
- The Hale Pet Door Kennel Door comes with a manual pulley system with two pulleys, two hooks, and a handle for ease of use. Please specify the length of the cord you would like for the pulley system before checkout
- When ordering the length, take into consideration the height of the pet door, the height of the wall, the length of the run and the distance down for the ceiling or other attachment area for access to the handle.
- A standard 10" tunnel to fit walls between 2" and 10" in size.
- An optional oversize 16" tunnel for deeper walls is available. If you need a tunnel longer than 16", please select the optin before check out (Adds 10% cost of door)
Hale Pet Door Size Chart - A Size to Fit Any Animal and Application
|Size||Flap Opening (W x H)||Rough Opening (W x H)||Tip to Tip (W x H)||Pet Weight||Pet Shoulder Height||Breed Examples|
|Small||5 1/2" x 7 1/2"||7 3/8" x 9 3/8"||8 3/8" x 10 3/8"||Very small cats up to 8 lbs.||Up to 7"||Cats (very small only)|
|Small Medium||6 1/2" x 9 1/2"||8 1/2" x 11 1/2"||9 9/16" x 12 9/16"||Most cats, small dogs 6-12 lbs.||9"-13"||Cats, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Mini Poodle|
|Medium||8 1/2" x 12 1/2"||10 1/2" x 14 1/2"||11 9/16" x 15 3/8"||Dogs 10-35 lbs.||12"-15"||Terriers, Pug, Corgi, Shiba Inu|
|Tall Medium||8 1/2" x 16"||10 1/2" x 18"||11 9/16" x 19 1/16"||Tall Dogs 30-45 lbs.||15"-20"||Cocker Spaniel, Sheltie, Beagle|
|Large||11" x 16"||13" x 18"||14 1/16" x 19 1/16"||Dogs 40-55 lbs.||15"-20"||Basset, Chow, Keeshond, Husky|
|Tall Large||11" x 19 1/2"||13" x 21 5/8"||14 1/16" x 22 9/16"||Taller Dogs 50-95 lbs.||21"-24"||German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever|
|Tall Large Plus||11" x 23 1/2"||13" x 25 5/8"||14 1/16" x 26 9/16"||Tall slender dogs to 110 lbs.||25"-27"||Standard Poodle, Irish Setter, Greyhound|
|Extra Tall Large||11" x 27 1/2"||13" x 29 5/8"||14 1/16" x 30 9/16"||Very tall, slender dogs to 120 lbs.||24"-31"||Afghan, Irish Wolfhound, Borzoi|
|Extra Large||14" x 19 1/2"||16" x 21 5/8"||17 1/16" x 22 9/16"||Large dogs to 120 lbs.||22"-24"||Rottweiler, Akita, Bulldog|
|Extra Large Plus||14" x 23 1/2"||16" x 25 5/8"||17 1/16" x 26 9/16"||Larger dogs to 150 lbs.||25"-27"||St. Bernard, Newfoundland|
|Giant||15 1/2" x 27 1/2"||17 5/8" x 29 5/8"||18 9/16" x 30 9/16"||Most Giant Breeds||25"-31"||Great Dane, Mastiff, Great Pyrenees|
Hale Pet Door 5 Year No Fault Warranty
Hale Pet Door has been making the highest quality pet doors on the market for over 30 years. Hale uses fully tempered glass of the greatest quality and strength available for each application, and also meets or exceeds all safety glazing laws and codes in the United States. Hale Pet Door guarantees and warrants, that the Hale Pet Door products and component parts thereof shall be free from any defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty period for all Hale Pet Door model pet doors is effective from the date of purchase and extends to the anniversary date marking the end of the fifth year. Hale agrees to exchange or repair at the company's expense, any unit found to be defective in workmanship and/or material, subject to inspection. Hale Pet Door will even credit 50% towards the cost of a replacement Hale Pet Door, any door that was damaged by the customer (due to no fault by Hale Pet Door). Some restrictions apply, for full warranty details - Click Here.
Hale Pet Door Size Chart - A Size to Fit Any Animal and Application
Use the chart and information below it to determine the right size door for our pets!
|Model||Size||Flap Opening||Rough Opening||Tip to Tip||Pet Weight||Pet Shoulder Height||Breed Examples|
|A||Small||5 1/2" x 7 1/2"||7 3/8" x 9 3/8"||8 3/8" x 10 3/8"||Very small cats up to 8 lbs.||Up to 7"||Cats (very small only)|
|B||Small Medium||6 1/2" x 9 1/2"||8 1/2" x 11 1/2"||9 9/16" x 12 9/16"||Most cats, small dogs 6-12 lbs.||9"-13"||Cats, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Mini Poodle|
|C||Medium||8 1/2" x 12 1/2"||10 1/2" x 14 1/2"||11 9/16" x 15 3/8"||Dogs 10-35 lbs.||12"-15"||Terriers, Pug, Corgi, Shiba Inu|
|D||Tall Medium||8 1/2" x 16"||10 1/2" x 18"||11 9/16" x 19 1/16"||Tall Dogs 30-45 lbs.||15"-20"||Cocker Spaniel, Sheltie, Beagle|
|E||Large||11" x 16"||13" x 18"||14 1/16" x 19 1/16"||Dogs 40-55 lbs.||15"-20"||Basset, Chow, Keeshond, Husky|
|F||Tall Large||11" x 19 1/2"||13" x 21 5/8"||14 1/16" x 22 9/16"||Taller Dogs 50-95 lbs.||21"-24"||German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever|
|G||Tall Large Plus||11" x 23 1/2"||13" x 25 5/8"||14 1/16" x 26 9/16"||Tall slender dogs to 110 lbs.||25"-27"||Standard Poodle, Irish Setter, Greyhound|
|H||Extra Tall Large||11" x 27 1/2"||13" x 29 5/8"||14 1/16" x 30 9/16"||Very tall, slender dogs to 120 lbs.||24"-31"||Afghan, Irish Wolfhound, Borzoi|
|I||Extra Large||14" x 19 1/2"||16" x 21 5/8"||17 1/16" x 22 9/16"||Large dogs to 120 lbs.||22"-24"||Rottweiler, Akita, Bulldog|
|J||Extra Large Plus||14" x 23 1/2"||16" x 25 5/8"||17 1/16" x 26 9/16"||Larger dogs to 150 lbs.||25"-27"||St. Bernard, Newfoundland|
|K||Giant||15 1/2" x 27 1/2"||17 5/8" x 29 5/8"||18 9/16" x 30 9/16"||Most Giant Breeds||25"-31"||Great Dane, Mastiff, Great Pyrenees|
Measuring Your Pet
There are three measurements to take into consideration when choosing the correct size door for your pet: 1) the width of the passage opening, 2) the height of the opening, and finally 3) the “rise” or the lip at the bottom of the door that the pet must step over to use the door. Use the following guidelines to ensure a proper fit for your pet.
Measurement 1: Width – This is the easy one. Open a door just wide enough for your pet to pass through comfortably and measure the width of the opening, again adding an inch or two for safety. Alternately, you can simply measure your pet at the widest point and add an inch or two for safety. If your pet is long haired, don’t forget that this may make them appear wider than they really are.
Measurement 2: Height—The pet door flaps should be at least an inch or two above the top of your pet’s back not the head. To get this length, measure your pet from the withers (top of the shoulders) to the floor. Remember that your door won’t be placed completely at floor level.
Measurement 3: Rise—This measurement is only applicable for panel models which come with the rise built in. Door, wall, screen, and window models can be mounted at whatever height is comfortable for your pet. If you have a short-legged dog or an older dog that can’t lift his feet very high, or if the door is installed with a step on either side, consider ordering a “no rise” door. Our standard rise is 5” or 10”.
Alternate method: You can also make a sample door opening out of a large piece of cardboard based on the above size chart. Place it in a door opening and experiment with height placement. Order the size most comfortable for your pet.
Points to consider when choosing the correct size and type of pet door
Older pets don’t like to use pet doors that are uncomfortable. Make sure you get a door that your pet will always be able to use. If you currently have a kitten or puppy, remember that they will grow.
Mount the pet door so that it is low enough for your pet to comfortably step over. Young pets can raise their legs up to their chest but older pets may have trouble with this.
Make sure the pet door is tall enough for your pet. Hunching over can be hard on your pet’s hips, especially as they age. And the flaps on your door will last longer if your pet isn’t rubbing against the top of the door as he passes through.
If you have more than one pet, make sure you get a door that will work for all of them: low enough for the shortest one to step over but tall enough for the tallest one to fit through comfortably.
Don’t forget that your pet needs access from both sides of your pet door. If you are installing the door in an area that has steps outside, please take into consideration how your pet will have to get through the door. This is especially true of our panel models. They have a standard rise of 5” but can be ordered with no rise (actually about 1” of frame to step over) instead to make it easier for your pet.
How to Measure for your Pet Door
If you have limited space for your pet door, you need to take into consideration both the rough opening size (the hole cut into your door, wall, etc. represented in green above) and the tip to tip size (the outermost frame measurement represented in beige above). Using the graphic and chart above as a guideline, measure your available area and see which standard size best fits your situation, keeping in mind the size of your animal (see section below about how to measure your pet). If necessary, we can supply a custom size door made to fit your available area while providing the largest possible passage opening for your pet.
How to Measure Your Pet Door for Replacement Flaps
If you need to purchase replacement flaps the size listed on the replacement parts page is the approximate passage opening. The actual flap size is a little narrower and a little taller (due to the top metal bar attachment). If you are not sure of your door size, the easiest measurement to take is the tip to tip size. Measure the outermost frame distance as shown in beige in the graphic above. Use the chart above to translate the tip to tip measurement into a door size and order the appropriate size flaps. If you have a custom size pet door or require further assistance, please call us at 800-646-4773.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
What size pet door will I need?
Our pet door comes in 11 standard sizes that fit the smallest cat to Great Danes. We can also make a custom size door if needed. Refer to the Hale Pet Door sizing guide to help you with your choice. Feel free to call customer service if you need more assistance.
Which model is best for me?
We offer 10 different models of pet door for almost any application imaginable. What model you need depends not only on your pet but also on the locations you have available for installation. Our wall model is our most popular model but it doesn’t work for everyone. See the model comparison chart to view the recommended applications of each of our models.
How does a Hale Pet Door™ work?
Our pet doors are designed to be safe, secure and comfortable for your pet. Rather than using hard plastic or two pieces of flexible plastic or any tinted plastic, our flaps are made of clear, flexible vinyl that easily swing in or out when your pet pushes on them. And because our flaps are in one piece, there is nothing for your pet to get caught on as they use the door, even if they change their mind partway through. The magnets hold the flap securely but still gently enough that your pet should have no trouble opening the door.
Why do Hale Pet Doors cost more than other brands?
Our pet doors are made with the highest quality workmanship and of the finest materials available. We use only extruded aluminum framing, pvc vinyl flaps and King Starboard® security covers. Because these materials are superior, our pet doors are much heavier for greater strength and durability.
Can I lock my pet door?
Absolutely. All of our pet doors (except the screen model) come standard with a King Starboard® security cover. Starboard is manufactured for marine applications and is virtually indestructible. This cover can be locked into place with our steel positive action pin lock to make your pet door virtually impregnable.
What prevents insects, rodents or other animals from getting inside?
Hale pet doors are designed to seal very tightly. We use heavy pile weather stripping and strong alnico magnets. Therefore, insects and small animals cannot push their way in through the pet door. Since the flaps are also sealed and do not hang open, larger animals do not see an opening to get started. Most animals need a little conditioning to get used to using a pet door and won’t push against something that isn’t already open. We recommend keeping all food and water away from the area of the pet door, either inside or outside the house, so unwanted animals are not even attracted to the area in the first place. If you have further security or animal intrusion concerns, we offer a full line of security products to complement our pet doors.
What color choices do I have?
Our pet doors come in four standard colors: brushed aluminum (satiny silver color), dark bronze (almost black), Arizona Beige (tan), and white. The brushed aluminum and dark bronze finishes are both anodized aluminum and the white and Arizona Beige finishes are both hard coat paint for durability. We can also mix and match the inside and outside frames of your pet door to match the interior and exterior of your home if desired.
Additionally we have several choices for security covers. Our standard security covers are made of an opaque material and are designed to complement each or our frame colors. (Black with Dark Bronze, Dolphin Gray with Brushed Aluminum, Sanshade with Arizona Beige, and White with White).
Do I have to install my pet door by myself?
With their self framing design, our pet doors are designed to be extremely easy to install. If you have a basic working knowledge of power tools and home repairs, our doors can easily be installed in most applications by any do-it-yourselfer. We have also provided installation instructions for download on this website and we have experienced technicians available for free telephone consultation if desired. Of course, if you don’t want to install your own pet door, we have a large network of franchises and dealers across the country who would be happy to assist you. Feel free to call customer service for a reference.
Hale (HL) - Ships FedEx Ground from Canon City, CO
- Door and Wall Model pet doors take 1-5 business days before we are able to ship.
- All other models take 5-10 business days to fabricate and assemble before we are able to ship.
- Add transit time based on map:
Freight Shipping Information
There is often confusion about how freight works and how lift gate deliveries work. Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment. Our standard Free Shipping option for freight delivery includes delivery to a Commercial Address and does NOT include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential or Commercial address. If there is no option for Residential or Commercial delivery, then the cost of this is included in the price.
We also recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all Residential deliveries, and any commercial locations without a loading dock.
- Freight Delivery Location - This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Residential or Commercial address.
- Residential - The fact that a business is being operated from a location does not qualify it as a commercial address. Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a residential address. Our freight carrier will contact you to make an appointment before delivery is attempted to a residential address. Residential delivery does NOT include a Liftgate. Liftgates are a separate option.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Freight Liftgate - A lift gate is just a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level.
Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option. However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Shipping Made Easy
We work hard to make shipping easy for you. Here's how:
- Multiple warehouse locations nationwide to ensure faster shipping times
- Email confirmations with tracking ID for all of your shipments, with step by step updates on the status of your delivery
- Safe handling and extra fast delivery by parcel or freight via one of our many reputable shipping partners.
Returns Made Easy
For more information, please see our Return Policy.