DRE Passive Anesthesia Scavenger Interface for Fan or Blower Assemblies
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
The DRE Passive Scavenger Interface for Fan or Blower Assemblies.
- Automatic regulation of vacuum
- Reservoir bag to visualize operation
- Negative and positive pressure safety valve
- 5 year warranty on scavenger interface
Why Do I Need a Scavenger Interface?
During surgery the unused gas should be evacuated outside of the building to avoid it being inhaled by your employees and patients. Connected to a gas evacuation ventilator, the scavenger interface controls the flow of suction and maintains the balance with the quantity of unused gas. If you don’t use a scavenger interface, you have to either adjust the flow of suction from the gas evacuation ventilator so it doesn’t draw up the gas intended for the patient, or you have to increase the gas flow.
Advantages of the DRE Scavenger Interface
DRE’s Scavenger Interface is designed so that you don’t have to disconnect one system in order to connect another. Whether you use the Bain circuit adapter or the absorber, both systems remain connected thus avoiding a connection error which could leave the gas in the room.
The interface also allows you to control the inhalation flow and avoid depletion of the breathing bag or an increase in the breathing resistance. DRE recommends one scavenger interface per veterinary anesthesia machine for an efficient evacuation system.
In the case of a defect in the ventilation system, the scavenger interface contains an automatic check valve that will evacuate excess pressure and protect the patient.
If you are renovating and have opted to install a gas evacuation ventilator, you will need a scavenger interface in order to ensure the proper functioning of the system.
Precautions to Ensure Proper Functioning of the Gas Evacuation System
Make sure the scavenger bag is not perforated. It is frequent to see cracks at the base of the evacuation bag connector. These bags tear easier than breathing bags since the anesthesia remains stagnant in the bag.
Make sure the rod inside the scavenger bag is in place. To verify the placement of the rod, lift it between the bottom and the point where you lift the valve. There should not be more than 1/2 inch between them. When the scavenger bag inflates, the rod will lift the valve, which controls the inhalation.
DRE Product ID 1537
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost ia already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Back to the top