Double K ChallengAir Airmax Portable Dual Motor Forced Air Dryer
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
The Challengair Airmax produces warm, high velocity air under pressure to make your animal grooming tasks easier. The Challengair Airmax has two brush‑type motors and comes in two‑speed or variable speed models. One motor supercharges the other, or use just one for air volume and temperature versatility. The powerful motors reduce drying time as high velocity air penetrates even the thickest undercoats.
- Lightweight and portable
- Dual Motors for versatility in air volume and temperature
- 123 cubic feet per minute per motor = 246 cubic feet per minute total.
- Dual air filitration
- No harmful heating element: Uses "flow-thru" motor system that warms air
- New Airgonomic Nozzle System
- Service Friendly "clamshell" housing
- Durable Silicone housing construction
- Comes in two‑speed or variable speed models
- Sound isolating mounted motor
The Challengair Airmax produces heat by a “flow‑thru” motor system that warms air as it cools the motors for optimum effectiveness and energy savings. The noise deadening, high impact, service friendly “clamshell” housing is made of molded silicone with sound isolating motor mounts. This results in exceptional quietness. The housing is virtually indestructible and will not rust, dent or crack. Includes convenient “push‑on” hose with Double K's Airgonomic Nozzle System: nozzle and nozzle tips designed for easy switching and cool‑to‑the‑touch design. The unique Airgonomic “air sweep nozzle” is designed to blow water off animals' coats in sheets.
The Challengair Airmax has dual air filtration that protects motors and shop air quality. Hoses are crushproof and heat resistant.
The variable speed model with its solid‑state variable speed control allows versatile temperature, volume and velocity adjustments. The Challengair Airmax two speed model has two temperatures.
Two Powerful Motors - 123 cubic feet per minute per motor = 246 cubic feet per minute total. The Challengair Airmax dryer produces more air due to the aerodynamic housing design and a smooth hose lining, reducing resistance as air moves through the hose, thereby increasing air volume (and velocity).
Variable Speed model information: The variable speed Airmax allows for complete control of the air volume and velocity. You get full high speed down to a very low speed, and everything in between. The dial control means more flexibility in grooming with the ability to cater the air flow to the animal and your grooming needs. Choose full power for large full coated animals, moderate speeds for ears and drying sensitive areas or medium coated breeds and low air volume for small animals, cats or young/sensitive animals.
The Challengair Airmax is designed to provide long, reliable service and will retain its beauty much longer than metal dryers. The Challengair Airmax is less expensive than comparable dryers, offering you better value. Comes with a two year limited warranty which includes hoses and nozzles.
|Model Name||Model #||Housing Color||Speed Control||Volt||Amps||Horse Power||Wattage||Hertz||Motor Air Volume||Cordset||Hose Color||Hose Length||Ship weight|
|AirMax 2-Speed||39BK||Black||2-Speed||115 v||16.4 A||3 HP per Motor||1886||60 Hz||123 CFM per Motor||Reg. 14/3||Black over Blue||6 ft.||18|
|AirMax Variable Speed||39BKV||Variable Speed|
|2079||1 1/2" AirGoNomic Nozzle Body|
|825-6, 8, 10, 12, or 15||Hose 1 1/2" Black on Blue|
|2079-TAS||Airgonomic™ Air Sweep Nozzle Tip|
|2079-THV||Airgonomic™ Hi-Velocity Nozzle Tip|
|2079-TSHV||Airgonomic™ Super Hi-Velocity Nozzle Tip|
|894||Hose End Black 1 1/2" Screw-On|
|2036||Hose to Dryer 1 1/2" Locking Adapter|
2-Year Limited Warranty:
Guarantees - The Challengair Extreme dryer is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the original date of purchase. Should any component become inoperative due to defects in materials or workmanship during the two year warranty period, Double K will repair the dryer *FREE OF CHARGE subject to some limitations.
The Or the Dryer?
The motor/fan assemblies in the two products are different with the Extreme model having more powerful 5.7 inch diameter motor/fan assemblies and the Airmax having less powerful 5.1 inch diameter motor/fan assemblies. It must be understood here that power is defined in this circumstance as motor generated torque. So, while each motor/fan assembly produces approximately 123 CFM free air (on the bench with no resistive elements at sea level) the 5.7 inch unit (Extreme) does so at a much lower speed (22,500 rpm) as compared to the Airmax at approximately 32,000 rpm. The amount of air pressure or vacuum (measured in water lift) that each unit produces in a free air condition and with the resistive elements introduced (dryer housing, filters, hoses, novels etc.) are also roughly equivalent. The primary distinction is that the larger motor fan assemblies (in the Extreme) achieve these objectives without having to work so hard which causes the motor to last longer. The current density at the brush to commutator contact point is substantially higher with the Airmax unit which causes the brushes and commutator to wear more rapidly which requires more frequent brush changes and a parallel reduction in general motor life.
There is a modest increase in practical air volume (measured at the nozzle) for the Extreme over the Airmax and a slight increase in temperature for the Airmax over the Extreme. This causes the units to have roughly equivalent drying capability with the Extreme having a marginal advantage in penetrating dense undercoats and the Airmax having a slight advantage in colder more humid conditions.
Accordingly, the primary distinction between the two products is generally motor related life expectancy. The Extreme does come with a 10 foot hose as opposed to a 6 foot hose and an extra nozzle as well. The Extreme also outweighs the Airmax dryer by several pounds.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Double K (DB) - Ships From Chatsworth, CA
- Double K dryers are made to order. Items usually ship within 1-3 business days of when order is placed, but may take up to 5 business days to ship
- Double K Clippers usually ship within 1-3 business days
- Current lead time for Double K 9000 II and 850 dryers is 9 business days until it ships
- Current lead time for Double K 560 dryers is 10 business days until it ships
- Ships Via UPS Ground. Add Transit time using map below:
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost is already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Back to the top