Dogtra E-Collar 280C/282C Platinum 1/2 Mile Dog Training Collar
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
The Dogtra 280C and 282C models are the next generation of the old Dogra 280/282NCP collars.
These new 280 collars are ultra-compact systems that packs all the features of our larger units but designed for dogs as small as 10 lbs. The 280C/282C come with Nick and Constant stimulation modes, along with a non-stimulating High Performance Pager. The handheld transmitter and receiver/collar features 2-hour rapid charge batteries, along with a ½-mile range. The set is fully waterproof and the LCD on the transmitter displays the remaining battery life and the exact level of stimulation output.
The 280C is a single dog model. and the 282C is a 2-dog, 2 collar system.
- Ultra-Compact - Designed for a easy and comfortable fit on smaller dogs
- Versatile and Precise Stimulation - A top mounted rheostat dial adjusts the stimulation level (0-127) giving a precise level of control.
- Covers a Great Distance - With up to a 1/2 mile range
- Multiple Training Options - Gives even more options for training situations. Pager (P) vibrates collar as a warning, Nick (N) button provides instantaneous correction, and a Continuous (C) button provides correction as long as it is held down.
- Clean and Sanitary - Antimicrobial biothane collar keeps bacteria away and your dog clean
- Rechargeable and Replaceable Batteries Included - 2-hour rapid charge Lithium Polymer batteries included with a splitter cable to charge both collar and transmitter together
- Automatically Conserves Battery - To help conserve battery life, the transmitter automatically turns off when not in use. Collar still must be turned off manually.
- Use in Wet and/or Rainy Conditions - 100% fully waterproof collar/receiver and transmitter
- Use in Dark and Low Light Conditions - LCD screen displays exact level of stimulation in any lighting condition.
Transmitter (Remote) Details
- Stimulation: 0-127 on the rheostat dial, allows for a gradual stimulation increase
- Separate buttons for all functions
- Battery: Nickel Metal Hydride (Rechargeable)
- 100% Waterproof
- Antenna Size: 2”
- Dimensions: 3.8" x 1.7" x 1.2"
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Battery: Nickel Metal Hydride (Rechargeable - 10 Hour Charge Time)
- 100% Waterproof
- Biothane Strap
- Dimensions: Receiver - 2.3" x 1.6" x 1.0", Collar - 0.75" x 7"-29" (min-max)
- Weight: 5.4 ounces with collar strap
The warranty begins from the date of purchase. For the first two years there is complete coverage for Part and Labor. Accessories such as charges, splitter cables, antennas, straps, and batteries have a one-year warranty. After the second year, the Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all parts except accessories. Labor fees will be variable depending on the extent of the work required. Limited Lifetime Warranty will only expire 5 years from date a model is discontinued in production by Dogtra.
- 1 x Waterproof Transmitter
- 1 or 2 x Waterproof Adjustable E-Collar Receiver
- Battery charger
- Splitter cable (to charge receiver and transmitter at the same time)
- Owner's manual
Dogtra E-Collar Model Comparison Guide
|Model||IQ Cliq||ARC||1900S||1900S Black Edition||1900S HandsFree||2700T&B Training & Beeper||2300NCP Advance||3500NCP Super-X||EDGE|
|Expandable||Additional Collar||Additional Collar||Separate 2-Dog Model||No||No||Separate 2-Dog Model||Separate 2-Dog Model||Separate 2-Dog Model||Additional Collar|
|Multi Dog Model/Collar||IQ-CLIQ-RX||ARC-ADD-RX||1902S||N/A||N/A||2702T&B||2300RX Additional Collar||3502NCP||EDGE-RX|
|Dog Size||10 lb+||12 lb+||35 lb+||35 lb +||35 lb +||35 lb+||20 lb+||20 lb+||20 lb+|
|Max Range (Line of Sight)||100 Yards||3/4 Mile||3/4 Mile||1 Mile||3/4 Mile||1 Mile||3/4 Mile||1 Mile||1 Mile|
|Batteries||Coin Lithium Batteries||Rechargeable Ni-Cad||Rechargeable Ni-MH||Rechargeable Ni-MH||Rechargeable Ni-MH||Rechargeable Lithium||Rechargeable Lithium||Rechargeable Lithium||Rechargeable Lithium|
|Quick Charge||No||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge||2 Hour Rapid Charge|
|Stimulation Types||Pulsating Nick, Consistant, Distinct Click||Nick, Constant, Vibrate (pager)||Nick, Constant, Vibrate (pager)||Nick, Constant, Vibrate (pager)||Nick, Constant, Vibrate (pager)||Nick, Constant, Beeper, Vibrate (Pager)||Nick, Constant, Vibrate (pager)||Nick, Constant, Vibrate (pager)||Nick, Constant, Tone (pager)|
|Levels of Stimulation||Levels 0-100||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127||"Rheostat" Intensity Levels 0-127|
|Waterproof||100%||Waterproof receiver; water resistant transmitter||100%||100% (IPX9K Certified)||100% (IPX9K Certified)||100%||100% (IPX9K Certified)||100%||100%|
|Neck Size||6-28"||up to 26"||5-29"||5-29"||5-29"||5-29"||5-29"||5-29"||Up to 23"|
|Overview||Clicker helps shape your dog’s basic obedience. Paired with an e-collar to curb unwanted behaviors. LOW to MEDIUM Power. Conductive plastic contact points.||Designed for medium to mild temperament dogs, MEDIUM to HIGH Power||Powerful entry level pet training, K-9 or sporting dog unit for mild mannered or stubborn dogs; Blue LCD Display||Powerful Professional level pet training, K-9 or sporting dog unit for mild mannered or stubborn dogs; Blue LCD Display||Hands Free Powerful Professional level pet training, K-9 or sporting dog unit for mild mannered or stubborn dogs; Blue LCD Display||Designed for the upland hunter||Multipurpose e-collar for mild mannered or stubborn dogs. It's designed for advanced level pet training, competition field work or any type of hunting ; Blue LCD Display||Designed for X-treme training conditions, a professional grade, long-range e-collar...; Blue LCD Display||Expandable to 4 Dogs with additional collars; Blue LCD Display|
|Warranty||1 Year||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime||1 Year||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime||Full 2 Year, Limited Lifetime|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
- Which Dogtra collar is the best one for my dog?
- What is the pager function and how is it used?
- Can a Single Dog Unit be changed into a Two Dog Unit?
- What is the rheostat dial?
- How long will the batteries last on a full charge?
- Are Dogtra receivers and transmitters waterproof?
Which Dogtra collar is the best one for my dog?
Dogs with soft to medium dispositions can be trained with the low to medium power units (iQ, ARC, SureStim M, 300M, 280NCP). For dogs with a high prey drive and/or a high pain threshold, we recommend a low to high power unit such as the EDGE, 1900 Field Star series, 1800 Series, Surestim H, 2300 Advance, 3500 Super-X, or the 2500TB Series.
*Note: It is always recommended to have a unit that has some power reserve for critical training situations and also for when dogs matures and/or adjusts to low stimulation.
What is the pager function and how is it used?
This feature offers a non-electrical form of stimulation that can be used as an attention-getter for very mild-mannered dogs. Available on most units. Please see our Dogtra Compairson Guide for specific model information
Can a Single Dog Unit be changed into a Two Dog Unit?
Currently, only the following models can be converted into Two Dog Systems:
- iQ Plus and iQ Cliq
- SureStim H and SureStim M
What is the Rheostat Dial?
Dogtra has designed a patented rheostat intensity control, providing precision over the levels of stimulation that can be selected on the transmitter. A rheostat is like a volume control on a radio. The more you advance the control the more the intensity increases. This is available on all Dogtra training collars.
Are Dogtra receivers (unit fastened around the dog's neck) and transmitters waterproof?
All Dogtra Receivers are100% waterproof. All Dogtra Transmitters are waterproof, except the Dogtra ARC and IQ models which have Water Resistant transmitters.
How long will the batteries last on a full charge?
The batteries in the units have an average standby life of 34-hours. With moderate nick, constant or pager use, battery life will decrease to approximately 20 hours. If the unit will be stored unused for an extended period of time, we recommend fully charging the batteries every 2 months to maintain the batteries.
Ships from Bates City, MO
- Ships UPS Ground, same day if item is in stock and order is placed by 12pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Otherwise will ship next business day.
- Add transit time based on map:
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost is already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Back to the top