Dakota 283 G3 Framed Door Kennel - Portable Hunting Dog Travel Crate
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
Dakota 283 G3 Framed Door Kennel is a Hunting Dog travel crate and made from the Roto Molding process that, making it lightweight yet durable for any hunting or outdoor adventure.
- Single-piece, Roto Molded military-strength crate
- Extremely durable and weather proof
- Top molded handle for convenient mobility
- Easy to clean interior with rear drainage
- Secure, double-latch, spring door
- Flow-thru ventilation
- Large Ventilation Holes
- Medium: 8 per side in upper section of kennel – 16 total
- Large & Extra Large: 10 per side in upper section of kennel – 20 total
- Stackable with attachable kit (sold separately)
- Compatible with Extra Large XL Mud River cover (sold separately)
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
- Molded, Assembled, and Made in the USA
Dakota 283 brings yet another solid kennel to the game with their new line of G3 framed door crates. Each one is created using the rotational molding process and from high grade Polyethylene which forms a single-shell product that will flex slightly, but resist surface abrasions and extreme impacts. It is the same process used to make military-strength cargo containers and heavy-duty fuel cells, so you know it will protect and keep your dog safe.
The deep, wide interiors are enough to hold nearly any size dog (or other similar sized animals). The G3 kennels are dimensioned to maximize the rear interior of most trucks, SUVs, and hatchbacks (that are 48 inches wide or more) sitting side-by-side. If your pet has an "accident" the plastic is easily rinsed and the small, rear-facing holes allow for easy drainage. There's plenty of air circulation with 16 total for the Medium size and 20 total for the large and up. Thanks to the double-hinged door, access is never a problem. The door can swing from right or left and can be completely removed with ease from the outside.
On the top you'll find a large grip-handle that makes lifting and maneuvering the Kennebec Kennel G3s a snap. The walls are tough and rugged, able to absorb impacts while the corners remain virtually impervious to crushing, cracking and other damage. These crates can also be stacked to save room in indoor areas with a separately sold stacking kit. This is ideal if space is limited and dogs are plenty. Similar to the NG but without feet, the G3 Medium glides more easily across surfaces. This is ideal if you don't require the crate to be raised and prefer the sliding action. By running straps through the top handle hole, the G3s can be locked in for a permanant stay in the back of virtually any vehicle. If you care about the safety and comfort of your pets, get a Kennebec Kennel G3 today.
*Recommended hunting breeds:
- Bracco Italiano
- Burgos Pointer
- Cesky Fousek
- Drentse Patrijshond
- Cesky Fousek
- Standard Poodle
- Wirehaired Vizsla
- Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
- Large Münsterländer
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever
- Flat-Coated Retriever
- Golden Retriever
- Labrador Retriever
- Irish Setter
- Irish Water Spaniel
- Spinone Italiano
*Dog sizes can vary. Weight recommendation is for relative size reference and does not indicate load-bearing capacity. Always measure your dog for preferred size and fit before purchasing.
Size and Dimensions:
|Size||Medium||Large||Extra Large (XL)|
|Exterior Dimensions & Weight||30.5D"x21.5W"x25H" at 40 lbs||35" D x 24"W x 26.25" H at 44 lbs||38.25D"x25.5W"x29.25H" at 59 lbs|
|Interior Dimensions||24.5 H (21 at handle) x 20.5 W x 29 D||25.5 H (21.75 at lowest point) x 23 W x 33 D||28.5 H (25.5 at lowest point) x 24 W x 36 D|
|Door (inches)||20.5 H x 16 W||21 H x 16 W||24.75 H x 19.5 W|
|Recommendations||Dogs between 25-50 lbs||Dogs between 50-75 lbs||dogs 75 lbs and up or multiple dogs under 75 lbs|
|Product Number:||D2-KG3MED-FRM (Color)||D2-KG3LRG-FRM (Color)||D2-KG3XLG-FRM (Color)|
|Available in 5 Colors:|
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Dakota 283 - Ships Freight from Lake City, PA
- Due to our high volume of orders, it currently takes about 5-10 business days before we are able to ship a Dakota 283 Kennel.
- Additional transit time will depend on your location, based on the Shipping Map below.
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost is already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Back to the top