CR8-2FLY Airline Compliant IATA CR-82 Wood Crates for Dogs & Pets
Why Buy From Pet Pro Supply Co?
CR8-2FLY Airline Approved & IATA CR-82 Compliant Wooden Crates for Dog & Pet air travel
The safest and most convenient crate for airline travel. The CR8-2FLY crate is made with 100% plywood for sturdy, safe, and virtually indestructible construction while maintaining portability. The crate can easily be assembled in minutes by hand without any tools and broken down just as easily. Broken down, the crate stacks to under 6" tall for easy transport or storage. The door is made from 100% stainless steel white a secure spring loaded latching system which complies with most airlines. For extra security, zip ties can be used as well. All this makes the CR8-2FLY wood crates an IATA CR-82 Airline compliant crate for all dog breeds traveling by air in checked baggage or cargo.
You may purchase the crate by itself or with the optional travel package that includes additional accessories you may need to fly with your dog. Including stainless steel or plastic bowls for food & water, Live animal stickers/feeding instructions, super absorbent kennel pad, cable ties, pet ID tag, kennel name tag, document storage pouch, dry food storage bag, and pet passport pouch.
- Airline Approved dog crate that is IATA LAR CR82 compliant to allow transportation of ALL dog breeds on planes. The virtually indestructible construction includes the proper airline rails, ventilation, materials, and other specifications to be IATA CR-82 Compliant.
- Convenient and Portable: This heavy duty wood crate can be conveniently assembled or broken down in minutes by hand! Breaks down to less than 6" in height for easy portability & storage.
- International and Domestic Compliant: Made with 100% Plywood to simplify import inspection.
- Proven Durability: The crate is designed for years of use and features laminated floors to protect against damage caused by urine.
- Ready to Assemble, No tools required!: The crate requires no tools to assemble or break down. Easy to Set up or break down in minutes using just your hands
- Keeps Your Animals Cool, with ventilation on 4 sides. The holes provide enough ventilation to keep your animal comfortable and safe.
- Safe and Secure: The double reinforced wood panels comply with IATA and airline requirements for traveling dog breeds deemed aggressive or high energy breeds that are prone to separation anxiety.
- Comfortable: The tall height of these crates allows more headroom for your pet and are 100% dog friendly with absolutely no harmful toxins, chemicals, or dyes in any of the materials.
- Built In Pallet Feet: allowing airline to add wheeled fork lift to move the crate and dog with ease.
- Optional Travel Package Available with option travel package with accessories your dog will need for air travel. Comes with either plastic bowls or stainless steel bowls. Includes Absorbent Pad, food & water bowls, Set of live animal stickers, Feed instruction sticker, pair of cable ties, temporary pet ID tag, kennel name tag, document storage pouch, dry food bag, and pet passport, leash & harness pouch.
- Proudly Made in the USA: Quality crate made custom from local expert woodmakers
FLYING WITH YOUR DOGS IN A CR8-2FLY Wooden Crate
Necessary Crate for Flying with High Energy and Anxious Dogs
Many large high energy breeds are prone to injuring themselves from escape attempts in less durable crates made from plastic, wire, and other cheap materials. This can also apply to many dogs with separation anxiety. Many airlines now require large high energy breeds or dogs with separation anxiety to fly in reinforced crates. Common breeds with this behavior include:
|Anxious Dog Breeds||High Energy Breed Dogs|
We HIGHLY recommend using a reinforced kennel like the CR8-2FLY wood crate to fly with your dog in order to ensure their safety. You should also prepare your dog well in advance of any flight and provide ample time to acclimate your dog to the crate.
READ BEFORE YOU BOOK - ADDITIONAL AIRLINE BREED AND SIZE RESTRICTIONS
While the CR8-2FLY crate is IATA CR-82 compliant for all dog breeds, some airlines have additional restrictions regarding breeds, dog sizes, and sizes of crates. We strongly recommend providing the specifications of this crate (including sizes) and your dog to the airline transporting your dog to confirm if there are any additional restrictions!
Please be aware, as of July 2018, most domestic airlines have added additional breeds of dogs (including pit bulls and pit mixes) to their no-fly list. Please check with your airline if they will be allowed to fly your breed of dog.
Please confirm with your airline that they will accept this crate, before purchasing. We are not able to take returns in situations where verification of acceptance of the crate is not first obtained from an airline.
IATA CR-82 COMMONLY RESTRICTED BREEDS
IATA stands for the International Air Transport Association. All CR-82 means is IATA's LAR (live animal regulation) Container Requirement #82 for large and "dangerous" animals; this includes dogs.
If your airline can fly your breed, IATA CR-82 compliance is almost always required to transport the many breeds considered "dangerous", including (but not limited to):
- American Bully
- Pit Bull Breeds (American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier)
- American Staffordshire Terriers
- Anatolian Shepherd Dog
- Ca de Bou
- Cane Corso
- Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian Shepherd Dog)
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
- Perro de Presa Canario
- Presa Canario Tosa (or Tosa Ken)
- Tosa (or Tosa Ken)
Crate Sizes & Dimensions:
|Size||Outside Dimensions||Inside Dimensions||Weight|
|CR82-2FLY 250 Wood Crate||28" L x 20" W x 24" H (includes 3.5" for feet)||24" L x 17" W x 20" H||44 lbs|
|CR82-2FLY 350 Wood Crate||32"L x 22" W x 30.5" H (includes 3.5" for feet)||29" L x 19" W x 26" H||55 lbs|
|CR82-2FLY 450 Wood Crate||36" L x 24" w x 34.5" H (includes 3.5" for feet)||33" L x 21" W x 30" H||73 lbs|
|CR82-2FLY 550 Wood Crate||40" L X 25" W X 36.5"H (includes 3.5" for feet)||37" L x 22" W x 32" H||85 lbs|
|CR82-2FLY 650 Wood Crate||45" L x 30" W x 39.5" H (Includes 3.5" for feet)||41" L x 28" W x 35" H||102 lbs|
|CR82-2FLY 750 Wood Crate||48" L x 32" W x 41.5" H (Includes 3.5" for feet)||44" L x 29" W x 37" H||118 lbs.|
See Assembly Instructions Here
Optional Travel Package includes:
- Super Absorbent Pad with Stay-Put Adhesive strips to keep pads in place.
- Set of Hook-on Spill Proof Kennel Food & Water bowls (Plastic or Stainless steel)
- FULL Set of Live Animal Stickers/feeding instructions (5 Labels) (3 with Arrows are made with special Reflective material for better visibility)
- Set of Plain Cable Ties
- Temporary Pet ID Tag
- Plastic Kennel Name Tag
- Document Storage Zip Pouch
- CLEAR Reinforced Dry Food Storage Zip Bag
- CLEAR Pet Passport, Leash & Harness Pouch
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
LTL FREIGHT SHIPPING INFORMATION
LTL (less-than-truckload) Freight is used when shipments are 120 lb+ or for oversized equipment, which results in a truck with a large container delivering your order. Our freight carrier will contact you once your order makes it to the distribution center closest to the delivery address specified, and set up an appointment time for delivery.
Pet Pro Supply Co. Free LTL Freight Shipping - Curbside Delivery
Our standard Free Freight Shipping option for LTL deliveries is curbside, which is to a delivery to a Commercial Address and does not include a liftgate. If your order is to be shipped freight, you will have the option to specify whether the item will be delivered to a Residential, Limited Access, or Commercial address. If there is no option to select a shipping location, then this cost ia already included in the price.
We strongly recommend adding the optional Liftgate for all deliveries to locations without a loading dock or forklift.
Freight Delivery Locations
This option specifies whether the delivery location is a Commercial, Residential, Residential Business, or a Limited Access address.
- Commercial - These addresses are those defined by our freight carriers and/or zoned by local municipalities as commercial sites. Typically these addresses are zoned as commercial real estate or are used exclusively for business. Most commercial sites have tractor-trailer access and a loading dock.
- Residential - If the address used a residence, select this option. This includes Apartment/Condo complexes and dormitories.
- Residential Business - Any business being operated from a home, apartment, or other dwelling where people live on the premises is considered to be a Residential Business.
- Limited Access - Locations where deliveries are restricted, limited, or very far from a distribution center. Examples Include:
- Place of Worship
- Restricted Areas - Secure Research Facilities, Military Bases/Installations, Correctional Facilities, Government Buildings
- Farms, Ranches, and Rural Areas
- Recreational Areas - Camps, Parks, Fairs, Carnivals, etc.
- Individual Storage Units
- Sites - Convention Centers, Construction Sites, Mines
- Schools and Universities
- Commercial establishments not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours
A liftgate is a hydraulic lift that is attached to the back of a truck that can lower freight to ground level. Freight carriers prevent their drivers from assisting with the unloading of heavy equipment other than using a liftgate to ground level. We highly recommend any delivery address without a loading dock, select this option.
However, please know that for certain very long items, such as Kennels over 6' in length, a Liftgate will not be able to bring the entire order down to ground level. Please have the necessary manpower available to receive your items with limited delay to the driver.
Back to the top